Ranges Level 2--Range Shaping Quiz

CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
"A fish opens from middle position and it folds to you on the button. The blinds are both weak TAGs.

Given these variables, what kind of range should you 3-bet with here?"

According to the answer, a depolarized range is preferred to a polarized range. When focusing on the fish this answer makes a lot of sense to me. We can expect the fish to call too wide/have a low fold to 3-bet, making a value-heavy, depolarized 3-bet range attractive. However, the blinds are what are throwing me off in this question. I think that they would tend to fold too much as TAGs, meaning that we should be more inclined to polarize the 3-bet. Is this reasoning correct? If so, are we simply prioritizing how the fish will react to our 3-bets over how the TAGs will react?

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    I think that even when the TAGs fold 100% you still want to 3-bet a depolarized range with the absence of fold equity against the fish. If one opponent doesn't fold you shouldn't bluff, even if the rest always does. Roughly speaking.
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    If they're TAG players, they'll probably be folding to a 3-bet with the majority of their holdings anyway (and 4-betting their premiums). So if you go with a polarized range and add some bluffs in, you still get the folds from the TAGs the majority of the time, but now have less equity when called vs the fishy player, who we assume is going to continue too often.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file