online sites!

ruler_160ruler_160 Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
what are youre alls thioughts on sites like BOL ignition bovada for USA players

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,480 -
    The most popular among US-based RCP members appears to be Global.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • ericmwhiteericmwhite Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I’ve played Global and ACR.

Global sucks because you can’t keep stats or run a HUD. But I’ve enjoyed the play there, lots of action at my stakes, games seem to have a reputation for being soft.

ACR let’s you track stats, download hand histories, run a HUD. But they have some reputation problems: I won’t play cash games there.

I haven’t played anywhere else.
  • Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    ericmwhite wrote: »
    ACR let’s you track stats, download hand histories, run a HUD. But they have some reputation problems

Ah ha! So that explains why I went broke on ACR. Well I feel much better now!
  • weee3eeeweee3eee Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I like global poker. I feel it's soft and less of a bot infested traffic. Also with no HUD it provides a solid environment of not being data mined. You can add notes on opponents.

I would use a spreadsheet to add my sessions. I would love to see how the community tracks hands through their session though.
  • ericmwhiteericmwhite Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Here's a video (about 8 minutes long) showing how you how I use Airtable to track interesting hands from my sessions and a spreadsheet for keeping tabs on my bankroll.

Happy to share my spreadsheet or help anyone copy over this Airtable database for your own private use.
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I play on ignition since its the only site (I know of) that you can play on your phone

Although I'm not a fan of the software, the runouts feel a bit choreographed at times
  • Pizzo85Pizzo85 Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    @blindraise I play on ignition too, I have found that it's a lot softer than black chip poker. The downsides are that huds are useless and you can only have 4 tables open at once
  • Mr_Big_StackMr_Big_Stack Over The RoadRed Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    It depends (in poker doesn't it always). I plan on moving back to South Florida and playing live exclusively. Right now I get to play live twice a week. Online I joined Ignition without knowing about HUDs. I like the fact that the use of a HUD is severely limited on Ignition. I want to internalize the skill of observation instead of depending on a HUD. I'm thinking that for the person who wants to grind online a HUD is essential.

I read about cheating on ACR awhile back. It involved a group of people all registering late for a tournament. Everyone gets seated at the same table. Stack off to one player and then he's sitting with a stack equal to several buyins right from the start. ACR released a statement saying that they were aware of the problem, but didn't say what they were going to do about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file