XL document savy players?

jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
Do I have any excel savy players here? Perhaps @Red or @Adam Wheeler seem like prime candidates that might already have a spreadsheet where you can adjust various variables such as if pot is X and players open X % of range, I should be calling with X % range, or if they fold to 3-bets X % of time. That sort of thing? I'm sure I could figure it out, but if someone already had such a thing created, I'd greatly appreciate them sharing.

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any.
  • Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Ya know....for years I used Excel to record my results....and never used the Sum function. (online days)
    I'd go through the math again and again and again lol.
    NOOB

I think there are solvers for that...but I don't think any are in excel. Thatd be a heck of a creation.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭
    Also for live low stakes players, such spreadsheets isn't useful. We don't have stats like HUD, so we don't know how much % they act/react.

Same about MDF (calling with % range): as such player aren't any close to be balanced, then MDF isn't a useful tool, because you'd be either overcalling or overfolding.
    In such situation, I more use range estimation (estimated equity) and hands distribution (where does my hand stand in my range).
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,066 -
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    Do I have any excel savy players here? Perhaps @Red or @Adam Wheeler seem like prime candidates that might already have a spreadsheet where you can adjust various variables such as if pot is X and players open X % of range, I should be calling with X % range, or if they fold to 3-bets X % of time. That sort of thing? I'm sure I could figure it out, but if someone already had such a thing created, I'd greatly appreciate them sharing.

It occurred to me that some of our equity calculators created by @SplitSuit could be modified to do this sort of thing, but since I also know the intensive current rate of RCP product development I'd be surprised of he has time for a few months.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    @Red Oh, I'm playing almost exclusively online now. I split my time between 6 max turbo, tourneys, and 3 max tourneys where they roll for a prize pool (they call them windfalls on this site). Basically, I'm trying to figure out (especially for tourneys and the 3-maxs), when the pot is X, if I risk X, and they fold X, what % of the range I can open with, or if they open X range, and I 3-bet X % of time, if they fold X%, profitable. Basically, a lot of MDF. Yes, I don't believe this is worthwhile in live, simple range work with flopzilla and equilab are more than enough to really start to figure out the correct move in spots, but online seems like such a bigger game of small edges crushed through sheer numbers, I just wanted to have something to play around with.

Still seems like it'd be a neat piece spreadsheet to have, especially since tourneys and the 3-max tourneys become a push or fold spectacle at some point (all-in expert has really helped me clean up my shove and call ranges).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file