Raise or Shove Preflop AA 8BB in HJ

PhearzMehPhearzMeh Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
I have 8BB with average stack at 25BB and next shortest at 20BB so I feel like I need to get a lot out of my AA here. 35 left and 9 cashing. It folds to me in the HJ and I'm wondering should I shove and just hope someone calls? Or should I try to give someone a good price with a raise and shove on the flop? I know this is way riskier but from my perspective I'm so short I need to take some risks to get some extra blinds. I've gone both ways on this in the past so I'm wondering what you people think.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,632 -
    At 8bb anything other than a shove looks super strong. Given how wide you should be shoving off that stack I think the play is to shove.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • PhearzMehPhearzMeh Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    At 8bb anything other than a shove looks super strong. Given how wide you should be shoving off that stack I think the play is to shove.

Thanks. I was thinking that my range would be super unbalanced because the only hand I would ever do this with would be aces or kings but I guess I was feeling hail mary at the time. Thanks!
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    PhearzMeh wrote: »
    Thanks. I was thinking that my range would be super unbalanced because the only hand I would ever do this with would be aces or kings but I guess I was feeling hail mary at the time. Thanks!

If the only hands you are shoving here is Aces or Kings then this is a leak in your game. With your stack size and position you can profitably shove around 30% of hands. If you were close to the bubble then you could consider tightening up your range for ICM considerations, otherwise you're just getting blinded out.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,632 -
    I believe the point OP was making is that he'd only do the cute lil raise with AA/KK.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file