BB vs Button play

gc495gc495 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 18 in Tournament Poker Hands
First post. Hope this end up in the Tournament Hand section. Thanks in advance for any comments:
30 person $100 NL live tournament. Just after re-buy period closed. 8 players at table. Both Button and BB have right at 10k stacks. 200/400-25.
Folds to Button who raises to 1200. SB folds. BB has AQo and 3 bets to 3500. Thoughts on 3 bet and size?
Button shoves for 6500. BB has to call 6500, all in into a 14,000 pot. Call or fold?

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    I think for 25BB it's a fairly standard 3bet-call BB vs BU but I could be wrong.
  • FatStackJackFatStackJack Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Standard Raise for sure, especially since he could be trying to steal. If you fold you leave back 16BB, which isn't the worst option. Calling the 4Bet is completely dependent on your view of your opponent, how Opp plays, and what Opps image of you is. But against most players but a super tight opp, im probably calling.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,633 -
    Since the button was kind enough to make an overly large raise, easiest is for BB to shove. Unless V sizes up only with monsters I guess.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • gc495gc495 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
  • ericmwhiteericmwhite Red Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat are you saying you’d shove rather than 3 bet?
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Since the button was kind enough to make an overly large raise, easiest is for BB to shove. Unless V sizes up only with monsters I guess.

• King_KaneKing_Kane Bocas Del Toro, PanamaRed Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 20
    IMO if 3-bet folding was an option for you, like you thought he was trying to steal and he was gonna fold to any 3-bet and he’d only 4-bet with a premium hand, I would’ve sized my 3-bet a little smaller like $2800. You take a shot at the pot and you’re not in horrible shape if it fails.

If you’re willing to get it in with villain for 25bb with AQo, I would shove over his initial raise. I would want to give him a chance to think I was bluffing and just trying to resteal. He still calls you with all his premiums, but maybe he doesn’t believe you and calls off a little light as well. When you 3-bet you end up calling off against his 4-bet range vs shoving on his opening range, and for me I just think you’re doing better against his opening range.

Hope that makes sense.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,633 -
    ericmwhite wrote: »
    @TheGameKat are you saying you’d shove rather than 3 bet?
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Yes.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file