Tricycle?

jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 18 in Omaha Variants
Has anyone heard of or played this game before? It was in a dealer's choice game last week. Basic idea is that you play Omaha, but using 3 cards in your hand and 2 on the board. It's usually played with 5 or 6 cards instead of 4, and can be hi or hi/lo. It's interesting because it changes some things. For example, :AS: :2S: :KH: :QH: :9D: is neither a suited hand (let alone double suited) nor can it make a low. :AS: :2S: :4S: :KH: :QH: on the other hand can make a flush, a low, and like the first hand can make a broadway straight but unlike the first hand can also make a wheel.

The game has a fatal playability flaw in my opinion, but I'll wait to hear your opinion if you've played it before I mention it.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,289 -
    Interesting. You can lose a nut flush to another nut flush.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, never thought of that. Like stud in that way.
    Anyway, the big flaw in the game is that usually in flop games, you know what the nut hand is, and you can judge what to draw to based on what's out there, and you can draw to those hands in order of strength. You don't draw to a flush on a paired board, you don't draw to a straight on a flush board, and you always know when a straight is possible. But in Tricycle, since a full house trumps everything, and a full house is possible on any flop, paired or not, you basically can never draw to anything.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,289 -
    Ah yes that is a little odd. Guess it sets up some bluff spots, or is it just a PITA?
    Moderation In Moderation
    Well maybe, to me it's just not fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file