Aces UTG

rickmfrickmf Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
6max does anyone use a strategy other than opening when UTG?

I've had a whole table fold out with a 3x bet more than once, getting zero action, which always kind of sucks.

Anyone find a better way to maximize value? Are you all the ones limping/ limp-raising/ limp calling?

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    As a pure default I never go for an open-limp. You can find some spots where open-limping is beneficial (The "aggressive limp", read https://redchippoker.com/limp-more-preflop/) but as you're building your basic strategy (Which I guess is what you're doing) I would say don't open limp.

So yes you also do it with aces, and yes, sometimes players fold. If you really feel you're not getting enough action switch tables.

Also, why does it suck? You just picked up 1.5BB!
  • rickmfrickmf Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Better than nothing but looking for ideas to extract maximum value from premiums like this.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,269 -
    rickmf wrote: »
    Better than nothing but looking for ideas to extract maximum value from premiums like this.

I think the "everyone folded when I had AA" pain gets greatly diminished when you just regard them as part of your opening range, and that it's the range and how you play it postflop that is generating value.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CactusCardsCactusCards ArizonaRed Chipper Posts: 139 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    rickmf wrote: »

I think the "everyone folded when I had AA" pain gets greatly diminished when you just regard them as part of your opening range, and that it's the range and how you play it postflop that is generating value.

Would you feel the same way opening 33 UTG and picking up the blinds? Always go for the open here, adding 1.5BB is a heck of a lot better than losing to a option checked 38o on a 38J run out imo.

Keep track of opening AA 100X and let us know how the results are, I've gotta imagine you'll get some good action.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file