How to study CORE

Hamilton ForslundHamilton Forslund Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
Do you recommend doing math lvl1 then math lvl2 and then practice it at and off the table OR should i do all lvl1 core then lvl2 core and then start to practice them 1 at a time or all at the same time ? (Hope you understand what i mean)
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,919 -
    I think it depends mostly on personal learning style, but I'd be interested how others who are working through CORE have approached this.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 144 ✭✭
    I did each lesson in CORE rather quickly, took notes, and recorded my quiz scores so I know where I need the most practice. As I continue playing/studying I'll revisit the lessons with the lowest quiz scores and retake them to see if I improve,

Btw a general suggestion for CORE quizzes, it would be nice if there was a quiz A/B/C that way when I retake the quizzes I can confidently say I learned the material and didnt just memorize quiz answers.
  • JDWPokerJDWPoker Simi Valley, CA.Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I've just started CORE, and am picking up small nuggets all over the place! I've completed the first 3 lessons in order, and think I'll continue on that path. Typically I do one course/day. I just assumed that the order the courses were presented was carefully thought out in advance. This includes going over the material once, then doing it one more time while taking fairly comprehensive notes. I then read over and edit my notes for typing errors and move on. This way helps me to absorb things although it can be time consuming.
    I also try to play almost every day of the week, sometimes just online, sometimes a mix of online & live. Before I sit down I try and focus on one part of the most current lesson to focus on while playing, and it's interesting to note that other concepts begin popping into my head from prior lessons as well. This has helped me to see more interesting spots, but it has also put me into a couple of situations where I felt lost. I think that's all just part of the learning curve.
    I hope this helps answer your question. Good luck!
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,919 -
    I can confirm the ordering of the lessons was carefully planned, adjusted, reviewed, shuffled, tested, and finally arranged in the best way we could find :)
    Moderation In Moderation
  • BadMoe99BadMoe99 Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited January 31
    Order of everything is perfect in Core.
    I did first time in order, then I did a second time in order to, but now I did know whar videos and text I did not need to repeat and when the videos was a cut version off a full version in pro I watch the full pro video instestead and when videos had companion videos in pro (it will say in the end, what videos is a pro companion video. Mostly Adams Videos that has aditional pro videos to digg deeper in). Next time I do in the subjects I need more work in. Like 3bet/4bet, then use core videos, pro videos, book chapters and like youtube or other video sources that is about that specific subject (much of this, is videos from either w34z3l or Splitsuit that they made for other sites, as I want a to be more consistent to their playing style and coaching, but mixing in some suggestions of exploitiv micros stacks play from Blackrain79 and also mix in some specific exploitiv plays from Alexander Fitzgerald)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file