Loose live game 1/2

accessdeniedx2accessdeniedx2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
Recorded with Pokerbase. Replay with web replayer.
Thu, Jan 31, 2019 8:18 PM
1/2 NLHE at Home

SB starts with 200.
BB starts with 242.
UTG starts with 330.
MP starts with 200.
MP+1 starts with 200.
LJ starts with 200.
HJ starts with 200.
CO starts with 200.
BTN starts with 200.

Hero is BB with K:heart:K:diamond:

SB posts sb 1.
HERO posts bb 2.

UTG raises to 5.
MP calls (5).
LJ calls (5).
HJ calls (5).
BTN calls (5).
SB calls (4).
HERO raises to 30.
UTG calls (25).
MP calls (25).
HJ calls (25).
BTN calls (25).

Pot 160.
*Flop* comes 2:spade: 3:club: 4:diamond:.

HERO bets 85.
UTG raises to 170.
MP folds.
HJ folds.
BTN folds.
HERO raises to 212.
UTG calls (42).

Pot 584.
*Turn* is the 9:club:.

Pot 584.
*River* is the T:diamond:.

SB shows 5:spade:6:spade:

After the flop, V starts talking. He asks if I just have over cards before he min raises. He is loose. He talks often during hands and he has both had the nuts, draws, and stone cold bluffs with his speeches, so him talking doesn't influence me all that often.

I dont mind my shove because he would do this with just a 5. And his range is outrageous. I've seen large calls with 4 6 off and calling 3 streets without even looking at his cards. He's an action player and most times he doesn't care. He's there to have fun in his own words, so I'm not concerned with the call although there are merits to folding I admit.

My real question is my preflop sizing. At the time I thought 30 was about the size of the limped pot. I posted this in reddit and many users thought I should've sized to 55 or 60. If so, how do I come to that amount? Because I thought 30 was large enough. I realize that after one person calls each other player gets better and better odds, but I wanted at least one caller. At the time bets around 15 to 18 wasn't garnering many folds. 25 seemed to be the pain threshold at this time.

And the UTG bet of 5$ was actually a straddle. I didn't know how to set that variable though.

Comments

• accessdeniedx2accessdeniedx2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    And I'd like to know the best hand converter for here. I'm older and not the best with navigating this internet. I've seen hand histories with card graphics that show, but I dont know how or where although I'm interested in finding out if anyone can point me in the right direction.
  • Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    It's about pot odds. It's why these players all called the straddle. Look at the odds offered to all the LP callers... before your raise, and after. The biggest mystery might be how the SB found a fold!

Your primary job here is to punish the straddle, and then fold out the first limper. Then you begin to deny odds to the rest of the herd. 2x pot is best suited to do the trick. UTG straddled... he's a gambler and the hand is playing at 40bb or so. If he calls a short stacked 12x raise with 65s, then happily re-buy.
  • In The DarkIn The Dark Red Chipper Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Paul_K wrote: »
    It's about pot odds. It's why these players all called the straddle. Look at the odds offered to all the LP callers... before your raise, and after. The biggest mystery might be how the SB found a fold!

Your primary job here is to punish the straddle, and then fold out the first limper. Then you begin to deny odds to the rest of the herd. 2x pot is best suited to do the trick. UTG straddled... he's a gambler and the hand is playing at 40bb or so. If he calls a short stacked 12x raise with 65s, then happily re-buy.

Just so.

If everyone folds to a bigger PF raise it's still a good result for KK. +$35 is a maybe slightly below average win for that hands. Take it.

• JDWPokerJDWPoker Simi Valley, CA.Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I'm new here so you can take this with a grain of salt, but I think your pre-flop raise was a bit small. There's $30 in the pot when it comes around to you and you've already stated that there was a straddle & it's a loose game. I would've made it about $65 here. If everyone folds I've realized a nice gain, and if anyone calls you have to believe that you are probably holding the best hand, unless of course someone is holding AA.
    From there of course you must re-assess once the flop hits, but I seriously question if 5/6 suited comes along here. Either way, it's a tough one!
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    As people have already stated, there's already $30 in the pot. Your giving everyone a great price to call, and they do. If you start with $200, make it $50, shrink the SPR, potentially eliminate some of the field or get 1-2 players where KK plays a lot better, and stick the rest in on the flop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file