Math Question

ryon341ryon341 Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
edited February 1 in General Concepts
This is a pretty simplistic question. I'm working the math and equity sections and want to make sure i understand fold equity correctly.

i am looking at my HUD and I see that villain has a "fold to Cbet" percentage of 40%. (this particular player also has a big symbol of a whale next to his name because he plays over 50% of his hands. ( I call him a limp-folder).

if I have complete air - zero equity - and I cbet 50% of the pot on the flop, I only need 33% equity to make this a profitable play. He folds 40% of the time giving me a positive EV, regardless on my crappy holding. Am I calculating correctly?

Based on just the math, I should cbet to this guy every time I see him. Am I reading this correctly?

In practice, I cbet this guy just about every time I see him and he almost always folds. I don't Cbet him with premium hits, because I like taking more of his money. I just wish I had a few more like him on the table.

Comments

• Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    ryon341 wrote: »
    if I have complete air - zero equity - and I cbet 50% of the pot on the flop, I only need 33% equity to make this a profitable play. He folds 40% of the time giving me a positive EV, regardless on my crappy holding. Am I calculating correctly?

If we bet half pot we need villain to fold 33% of the time for the bet to be outright +EV. You are correct we should be attacking players that fold to often by increasing our c-betting frequency against them. Although I wouldn't go crazy and c-bet him 100% of the time. If you haven't yet, start thinking about board textures and how they affect continuance.
  • ryon341ryon341 Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited February 2
    I understand. I'm not cbetting 100%, but I do cbet this guy more than most villains. He's pretty easy to read. I just wanted to make sure I had the math correct.

I went through the hud for every player on my table yesterday. All of them fold to a cbet more than 40% of the time. My fold to cbet percentage is around 30%. Is that usual or am I just playing very fishy tables? I am playing low stakes .50/$1.00.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file