splashed pot passive table...

EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 3 in Live Poker Hands
This is kind of a rare silly question...but just wonder what your thoughts are...

1-3 game....this hand has a $75 splash pot.

My stack was around 400...2 players had around 200...3 had 300 ish...and 3 had me covered.

I'm on the button with 96o

everyone limps in (well one seat was empty so playing 9 handed) so 6 limps. I through in my $3 because great odds and blinds do not attack limpers..

A friend of mine (one of the few live players I really respect) suggest that even getting great odds 96o is probably just a fold as even hitting 2 pair multi way can be very tricky.

Thoughts ...

Comments

• LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 92 ✭✭
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 184 ✭✭
    This is kind of a rare and silly question..

but whats a splash pot?
  • NYI80283NYI80283 Red Chipper Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Eazzy wrote: »
    This is kind of a rare silly question...but just wonder what your thoughts are...

1-3 game....this hand has a $75 splash pot.

My stack was around 400...2 players had around 200...3 had 300 ish...and 3 had me covered.

I'm on the button with 96o

everyone limps in (well one seat was empty so playing 9 handed) so 6 limps. I through in my $3 because great odds and blinds do not attack limpers..

A friend of mine (one of the few live players I really respect) suggest that even getting great odds 96o is probably just a fold as even hitting 2 pair multi way can be very tricky.

Thoughts ...

You need to make 150 the 2% of the time you flop 2 pair. It doesn't sound like you are going to make it with 75 + 18 in the middle. I agree with your friend.

Where did you find this game? Anywhere in the northeast?

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,142 -
    If I'm reading it right you're getting 30:1 in which case you can't fold anything.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    blindraise wrote: »
    This is kind of a rare and silly question..

but whats a splash pot?

Once every half hour the poker room picks 1 table. And puts extra money in the pot...its 25 per table so as 3 tables were running they splash 75 to whichever table is randomly picked
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    If I'm reading it right you're getting 30:1 in which case you can't fold anything.

Yes thats correct..

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,142 -
    Eazzy wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Yes thats correct..

Then your only decision is whether to call or to get ambitious and make a huge raise. With this holding I think raising is a little too ambitious, but against the right line-up you can probably do it from the button ATC.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,771 -
    edited February 5
    I have been amazed at the horrible adjustments people make to splash pots. I was the one to reach into the bag to pull out a lamer determining the size of the splash.

Did you know when the amount is engraved into the plastic chip, it is relatively easy to quickly find the $300 splash?

Oddly, we had a $300 splash pot.

First lady raises to $10, all call. I jam $300+ the OR claims later she folded Jack's (I believe her) three $100 stacks call and K9o unimproved beat my k8o unimproved.

In this case, we all had less than the pot pre. It is hard not to just jam. Smaller splashes are more interesting to figure out
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,015 -
    Take a few minutes and run the math on shoving...

(Download this EV sheet to make life easier)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file