bottom set wet board

EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭
1-2 game....

BB is an unimagintive reg....tends to raise big with big hands...bigger raises preflop with AA, KK type hand....fish hunts a lot...Tends to buy in for the max and hopes a bad player will pay off one of his big hands. Have not seen him play draws too aggressively though combo draws he will.

Hero early position...BB know me well, respects my game, when he comes to the table tends to ask me who is the fish are type thing.

BB has bought the button, I look down at 77 and make it 10, CO calls, as does the BB,,

effective stacks are 200

Flop 3 way...30 ish..,

:Ts :8h :7s

I bet 25 CO calls BB makes it 60

AT the moment I could not see folding bottom set (eh) and could not think of putting 70 of a 200 stack and folding a set on the turn....so I just shoved it....

Thoughts....

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Sounds like you knew what your opponent had before you shoved
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    What is the exact purpose of shoving here?

How does each part of his range react to this shove?
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it's time for your annual rant against theory approaches, remember this hand.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    What is the exact purpose of shoving here?

How does each part of his range react to this shove?

Well given stack sizes if I call I have a pot size bet left behind. And of course he also has a pot size bet left behind. So I have to assume he calls all parts of his range.

If I read his hand as mostly made hands I probably have the odds with his small raise to call, and shove if the board pairs the turn. Kind of ichy with just a pot size bet behind but maybe the correct exploit play.

• EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    persuadeo wrote: »
    When it's time for your annual rant against theory approaches, remember this hand.

Well I'm not sure on which side you are arguing about this hand. I would think I could just say well this is high enough up in my range no worries let just get it in...But I of course rant against that as I should have better reads.

If I'm folding here or calling with a plan to hit a full house, thats do to an exploitative read, which in retrospect I maybe should have done.

for me to have the correct odds would need about 39% equity....he would have to be doing this with any two higher spades A9s K9s t9s for break even...and easy shove with T8o and or JJ in his range.

My read probably has him not doing that at least at full weight....

Of course I could see the comfort of saying well GTO this can't be that bad as a shove....but it can't come anywhere near the best approach to maximize profits (Had to get a little rant in there)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file