Three way range analysis

In The DarkIn The Dark Red Chipper Posts: 190 ✭✭
edited February 6 in Live Poker Hands
1-2 loose and mostly passive game w/~300 effective stacks. 9 hands dealt in and a straddle to $4 from UTG..

Mid Limps, CO limps, I raise to 24 in BB with TT. Straddle and Mid limper call. For our purposes here I'm assigning them both roughly the same 20% range minus 99^, AK, AQs.

If I give myself a 10% range here I'm 45% PF but I know I'm closer to 5% range and that's 51% PF.

($72) 3 way flop = :AS: :JD: :5C:

My equity is now roughly 44% with a 10% range but with my actual hand it's closer to 20%. In these low limit loose games getting loose players to fold Ax is impossible. They go to the river. The exploit is to crush them with better kickers.

My question: Is my range advantage the overriding factor here or is the actual hand and game conditions more important? The former sez Cbet or perhaps check call. The later is a clear check fold.

All thoughtful replies are thanked in advance.

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    I think generally speaking even with range advantage you don't want to bet your entire range. You still want to decide decide which hands serve well as a c-bet, whether that be as a bluff, for value and/or protection. With that in mind I don't see a compelling reason to c-bet TT in this spot, despite your range advantage. So yes, check-fold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file