AA cracked

Ironluke60Ironluke60 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
1/3 NLH
Stacks
Hero: $350
V: $500

V in the hand is a fish, playing a very wide range of hands. I would like some advice on my 3 bet size and C-Bet sizing.

-Hero UTG with :Ah :Ac
-Button had a $6 straddle on
- SB fold, BB raised to $15
- Hero 3 bets to $50
- Two players to my immediate left make the call and everyone else folds
- Pot: $168
- Flop: :2d :4d :Jh
- Hero bets $100
- V makes the call
- Turn: :Th
- Hero Jams for $200
- V calls
- River :7d
- V rolls over :Qd :6d

- I considered a larger 3 bet size but still wanted to get some value from my hand, I also don't think V would have folded for an additional $10 or $20. I also considered jamming on the flop but again don't think V would have folded the flush draw. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• MichaelBMichaelB Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Line and sizing are good. I might actually bet $90-$95 because $100 seems like more. You don't want people getting conservative with QJ here, and you obviously want the flush draw to call. You made a good amount of Sklansky bucks on this hand.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,664 -
    Would you be a better player or ask about this if they missed the flush?

As a exercise:. Calculate the odds Villain will win when they called off. Multiply this percentage times the size of the final pot. This is Villain's average return in this spot.

Is that number greater than the $200 he paid to see the river card?

Do you like people that spend $200 and get less than $200 on average? I do when the other times I get all the pot.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 80 ✭✭
    You played it perfectly, that’s poker.
  • SaulSaul Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with how you played the hand. The fish caught his card; that's poker.

A couple of things to keep in mind:
    • You always want people to call with incorrect odds, knowing that sometimes you'll lose. They key is that you get your money in "good."
    • If you find yourself at a table like this -- two people cold-called a 3-bet with "nothing?" -- do whatever you have to do to stay at that table and help these guys to have a good time. Smile, say, "nice hand, Sir," and *mean* it, The money will flow back to you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file