Abandon Aces with this shorthanded multiway action?

rickmfrickmf Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 121.4 BB (VPIP: 23.71, PFR: 17.53, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 99)
Hero (CO): 155.9 BB
BTN: 41.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)
SB: 135.1 BB (VPIP: 21.55, PFR: 17.99, 3Bet Preflop: 7.11, Hands: 10,251)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: A:diamond:

Hero raises to 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, fold, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 3 players) T:club: 9:club: 4:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets 6.6 BB, BTN calls 6.6 BB, BB calls 6.6 BB

Turn: (26.3 BB, 3 players) K:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets 32.9 BB, BTN calls 32.9 BB, BB raises to 112.8 BB, Hero....

initial open was a misclick, but i don't think it has much effect on the hand...

love/ hate the flop i c-bet over trying to get draws to call badly, and i BTN is calling anything.

turn opens another flush draw, but i don't hate it. Opens up another flush draw, and potential 2 pair hands like KT but i still think im best here. Checked to me, I overbet again to push short stack all in, and expecting BB to fold, or maybe call with Kx type hand... However he jams another 80bb over me.

Seems like both could be on a straight/ flush draw, but BB also potential 2 pair/ set. Is this a lay down? One of those, "Don't pay them off" situations?

Was I playing aces too aggressively here?
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,289 -
    Overbet-thinking_about_folding with a SDV hand indicates something has gone awry.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • rickmfrickmf Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    awry how?

I did not fold (basically snap called) but in hindsight i'm thinking maybe i could have found one.
    i didnt think BB would stick around, and certainly not w weak hand, and just about everyone keeps telling me most people at micros aren't bluffing when check raise-overbetting/ shoving turns/ rivers.

• JDWPokerJDWPoker Simi Valley, CA.Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I think you're probably right in thinking that he's not bluffing on the river. However, the button has showed that he's probably playing way too many hands (I know, it's based on only 20 hands), so I'd be making him pay way more than 1 BB preflop and C-betting aggressively as well. The texture seems to be in your favor on the flop, unless they've caught the set, but that can be evaluated later in the hand. I think you allowed many questionable hands to catch up. Either way, it's a rough one.
    Results of the hand...

I call....

BTN has 99 (set), and BB has J8 clubs (straight/flush draw).

River is Qc, so dude hit his straight-flush, wins the main pot, and BTN scoops the rest with his set.

The initial open was a misclick, but really it would only have been 3 or 4bb instead of 2, and i think both players would have stuck around either way.

• JDWPokerJDWPoker Simi Valley, CA.Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Yeah, you're probably right. :(
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,289 -
    rickmf wrote: »
    awry how?

I did not fold (basically snap called) but in hindsight i'm thinking maybe i could have found one.
    i didnt think BB would stick around, and certainly not w weak hand, and just about everyone keeps telling me most people at micros aren't bluffing when check raise-overbetting/ shoving turns/ rivers.

I guess my point is you get a flop that isn't great for your range and make a normal sized bet, then when the turn makes the board worse you decide to overbet. I'm unsure what the purpose of the turn sizing is.
    Moderation In Moderation
    There are even more scare cards that could come on the river, figured i had some fold equity and the overbet sizing because of the short stack on my left only had pot and a half stack behind.

Also figure I have at least some SDV if called. If I check the turn and it somehow gets checked back, im certainly facing a river bet (but could more easily find a fold with the Qclub hitting) so i probably could have saved some money with that line, but would also be allowing villian to realize all their equity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file