What could I have done better? Please advise thanks!

Sean_McDuffy123Sean_McDuffy123 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
$1/$1 NLH Home game, 7 handed

The table game play were
• very loose with maniacs
• like to chase for draws
• overvalue Ace rag, picture with small kickers
• inelastic to 10X raises, play cards like K8 offsuit
• rarely folds too

Hero: My style is generally a solid TAG
Villian1 in the BB: Loose passive fish, if I would give a stats then its 35/5
Villian2 is in the Dealer: Loose passive fish, calling station who rarely folds. I would give a rough stats of 60/10

V2 has never ever play Texas Holdem or know the rules of NLHE in his life. Early in the game, he called a $100 all in with 54 offsuit and a $200 all in with K8 with a bottom pair. He brought a lot of money to play.

Effective Stacks
Hero: $400
V1: $233
V2: $400

Hero was in MP had :Kc :Kh . Raised to $14.
Cutoff, Dealer (V1), BB (V2) all called. 4 ways, pot was $53

Flop was :Ks :Ad :3s

V1 donk bet with $50. I put him on AX and I decide to slowplay and call $50 because I had a feeling the V2 will come along if I just flat which he did after I flat.
CO folded. I could not put a hand range on V2

Pot is now $203. Turn was :AS:
V1 led out again with $100. This time I wanted to check raise all in but I was afraid of scaring out the V2 so elected to slowplay again. Hoping that V2 hit the flush and raise.
So I called and V2 also came along

Pot is now $503. River was :AC:

V1 did like a speech and jam his remaining $70. I felt gross at the time because I put him on an Ace and he hit probably hit quads, very unlikely to take a bluffing line . I was getting a 7 to 1 call. Very reluctantly, I decide to call the $70.

V2 also donk called with :KD: :JD: . V1 had :AH: :6H:

I think that play 2 areas i could have done better are:

1) I should have jam the turn when i hit the full house.
Maybe should not keep inducing Passive loose fish, V2 to come in. Don’t if its a positive expected value play because I wanted him to come along too.

2) I feel like i should have folded the last $70 to save the money even if it is 7 to 1 pot odds.
But at the same time i feel I am not good enough and cannot bear to fold.

What do you think? How could I have played this hand better?
Should I have folded to the jam of $70? Did I slowplay too much on the turn?

@SplitSuit any advice here?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,923 -
    So you checked the flop? (You have V1 on button.)
    Suggest you look at the probability of that run-out. It's not high.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,705 -
    I think the write up is confusing the action. I can not imagine flatting flop into a donk bet though. By flatting every flush draw is almost getting direct odds to stack you.

Your most likely customer might disappear if the flush comes, killing your action even if not beating you. Flatting trying to stack both has peril, will often have downsides with no upside when second villain snap folds flop anyways.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited February 9
    Yes I too am confused. This is not a board we want to slow play on with multiple opponents . You should be raising the flop 100% of the time here.
  • Sean_McDuffy123Sean_McDuffy123 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat V1 is the BB who donk bet on every street.
    @TheGameKat V1 is the BB who donk bet on every street.

Okay, so BB leads into you and there are 2 people behind? To me that's the issue. Your call will often bring them along, then as Doug says you're almost giving express odds to the FD and can lose value on later streets.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Sean_McDuffy123Sean_McDuffy123 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat Apologies if my write up was confusing.

Yes, you are correct. so the CO folded and the dealer (V2) called as well.

Ok, got it. Seems like a re-raise in this spot most of the time will be a better play since it is a multi-way pot.
  • PapaGiorgioPapaGiorgio Red Chipper Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Agree with what others have said, but going to state it differently. Your goal is to win money. The flush draw will likely call even if you raise. So, raise flop to build the pot.

As it played out, the board was sick. I would fold because someone nearly always has the ace here.
    One other point that's worth mentioning. If you flop top set, that'll often be a situation when you can think about slowplaying, simply because you've crushed the board and massively block top pair. An AKx flop for KK is completely different. Your opponents' ranges are going to be A-rich, so you don't have to tiptoe around, particularly with the player types identified in the OP.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file