nitty players

ryon341ryon341 Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
What are some good examples of exploits for extremely nitty players? I am playing BetOnline with guys are typically playing 6-10 tables, if not more. I see the same names on many tables.

The table I am at right now is a good example. I have HUD stats on every player. the usual VPIP ranges 11 - 16 and the PFR ranges from 6-14 - most around 10. If I am reading this correcly, they pretty much need really strong hands to participate. . They don't seem to have any bluffs that I can find. When they get in a hand, they are rather sticky, but it's a nutty type hand.

How would you exploit this? Should I widen my opening range? Should I expand my bluffing range?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,923 -
    Miller's "Playing the Player" delves into this. Basically don't pay them off, fold marginal hands to aggression, and take lines with marginal hands that force them to fold.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I think it was Splitsuit who said that you don't beat these players with large pots, unless they are coolers. Steal from them. C-bet them. Selectively double barrel.
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    What do nitty players do the most of? FOLD!

I tend to start donking into nitty players a ton, especially in the blinds. I will rarely get the chance to x/r and if they do fire a cbet, a check raise is going to often be running into a hand they are not going to want to fold.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will often check/raise the turn if they bet small once or twice. Or float a standard c-bet in position and bet 3/4 pot if checked to on the turn. Things like that.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭
    ryon341 wrote: »
    How would you exploit this? Should I widen my opening range? Should I expand my bluffing range?

Well if you are talking about ~13/10 stats at 6m just fold preflop WAY more than normal and steal their blinds like crazy.

If these ~ 13/10 guys are at full ring tables they are playing more of a tightish TAG preflop game so I wouldn't over adjust.

If you play with a lot of the same players put RFI by position on your HUD.

• Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    BetOnline has a cash game rake race (daily) and all US sites have relatively high rake. GTO has us playing tighter than usual and guys are maximizing their profits and ladder points by playing a lot of tables if they're able to.

That said, the BetOnline rake (last I checked several months ago) is much, much friendlier than Global's. Global's is crazy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file