AdJh in the SB

Jaymes BJaymes B Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
$1/$3 - $695 Behind

MP - opens $15 - $400 Behind - seems spewy but not a lot of experience with him.

In the SB - AdJh - Call

Heads up.

Flop comes Jd 6c Td

I check.

MP bets $25.

I raise to $70

He tanks for a min or so. Call.

Turn. Tc

I bet $155

He tanks for 2-3 mins.

Calls. River 9s

Comments/Criticism so far?

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with your choices in the hand. I really dislike the flat with this hand from OOP. It sounds like you decided to bluff catch right from the start, which isn't a good proposition when a speedy player will likely fire 3 barrels often and put your hand in some difficult situations. I'd 3b pre.

On the flop, you change the story that you were telling preflop. You decide to x/r holding the Ad which blocks a number of hands that he may spew with. From OOP, I'd much rather value bet a player that will call with much worse than I would be forced to play a guessing game.
  • Brews_and_CardsBrews_and_Cards Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
    If he's spewey, I like 3betting here pre. Flatting OOP with AJo isn't the best. If he 4bets, we safely fold.

I'm not a fan of the x/r on the flop. We're OOP and against an uncapped range. I think a x/c is the better option. We don't want to build a big pot with a pair that may already be beat.

Why bet so large on the Turn? $155 into $174. That sizing screams "please fold" to me. If we filled up here, we would want to try and get another street of value out of him. Around $100 seems like a good size to get value from chasing hands.

We have to be concerned when V calls a x/r and an almost pot sized bet on the turn. He likely isn't folding whatever he has. He's invested 2/3 of his stack in this pot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file