BB checks
Hero bets $25
Cutoff calls
BB Calls

River($120)
:JH:

BB bets $100

*notes
Cutoff and BB both regs, cutoff plays solid tag style, loosening up in pos. and value oriented. Never seen him caught in a bluff. BB changes gears alot, known to slowplay and makes polarizing river bets. Seems like he's always got it but he's scooped quite a few uncontested pots due to his river sizings so its hard to say if he's bluffing when he acts. I'm 5 hours into a losing session, called with the 2nd nuts one too many times, started with 500, dropped to 75, got back to 400 and started getting sucked out with favorites. I've been 3betting aggressively in any pos. both equity driven and squeeze-minded, alot of players have been telling me to calm down through the night so im assuming my image is loose aggressive.

Thoughts?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,656 -
    Particularly with a LAG image I'm c-betting the flop. River spot is unfortunate.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Without :AH: I'm inclined to just fold
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 302 ✭✭
    In hindsight I was pretty tilted and making some pretty bad plays;

I didnt believe BB and ended up shoving, CO called and BB called

BB had the A high flush as expected and CO flopped a boat.
    edited February 2019
    @Phil Ebbs

In my mind I set myself up to represent the flush as well, I put CO on trip queens with a weaker kicker so I wanted to maximize while potentially push the BB off a low flush or get him to call with an overpair. The queen and jack on the board blocks AQ and AJ so in my mind he had either AK or AT, but I had taken him off both hands when he checked flop and turn and flatted the PF raise. Didnt think he'd call an UTG raise with Axs OOP but he did. I had AK on him in an earlier hand, he folded kings preflop and later said my OOP 3bet threw him off so I thought he was playing pretty snug at the moment. Chalk it up to a bad read and desperation tilt. I saw the money go in and thought I had a chance to chalk up the session then and there with a breakeven walkaway but instead lost the maximum.
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Phil 100%.

Feel like you should definitely be betting this flop. Turn should certainly be bigger once the flop checks through.

I don't see why you'd raise this river ever. I do not think you're credibly repping hearts, nor should you be turning this hand into a bluff, and all you're going to do is get a smaller Q to fold, and hearts/boats to call.
  • In The DarkIn The Dark Red Chipper Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    My experience with the 1-2 rec player is that 95% of the time they flop trips they will slow play. Ck flop, maybe ck turn OOP as well. So ... they expect everyone else to be tricky as well. I tend to bet out when I flop trips and note if any regulars are present, not that it matters that much. The tourists are gone tomorrow and cannot exploit this and it's quite effective. You'll also sniff out the other trips at an earlier stage than the river.

So in this hand, I'm betting the flop. That won't save me against Q8 but I might keep some of my stack.
    Thanks for the criticisms guys, clear to see I butchered this hand. I sometimes follow the tendencies of others blindly, hence the checking trips. Glad to learn something.
  • BigFarmBigFarm MontrealRed Chipper Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I was about to write a comment saying pretty much exactly what @Phil Ebbs wrote above. You've gotta work on your fundamentals and maybe watch a Daniel Negreanu video (a reference to the annoying Masterclass ad on Youtube where he says there's is no such thing as a "value bluff" on the river. You either need to bet for value or as a bluff. Otherwise you're burning money)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file