GTO+

Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
We've discussed this quite a bit on RIO over the past year but I'm wondering: How many of you are using GTO+? I do not have a sub here right now. Do the videos as of late feature any use of GTO+?

Thanks

Comments

  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,070 -
    A lot of the videos over the last 18 months or so have used CREV/GTO+ and/or PIOSolver. Ross Glover's book "Unbeatable Poker", out soon, is based largely on GTO+ as discussed in this pod episode: https://redchippoker.com/unbeatable-poker-podcast/
    Moderation In Moderation
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    Very, very nice. Even on RIO, more people are talking about GTO+ than PIO now. If PIO is or gets legitimately better, I'll buy it at this point but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case.
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    I love GTO+.

    Using an equity calc and GTO+ really does build a ton of intuition at the tables. I see things more clearly and am starting to become amazed at how far these guys deviate from eq and allow themselves to be exploited (and/or exploit themselves in many cases).
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    b1msamc17urp.png

    I've never dug into these tools as much as today. I'm just taking Flopzilla, HoldEQ, and this and breaking down all the ranges I saw in the 20nl game I'm playing in. Seeing things on a whole different level lately.
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    A lot of the videos over the last 18 months or so have used CREV/GTO+ and/or PIOSolver. Ross Glover's book "Unbeatable Poker", out soon, is based largely on GTO+ as discussed in this pod episode: https://redchippoker.com/unbeatable-poker-podcast/

    Thanks again for this. I was just listening to Ross's recent podcast about Unbeatable Poker and couldn't believe my ears. Herniated Disc "symptoms"? "I was bed ridden"? He and I need to talk. I've been struggling with this exact same thing for 6+ months now but it's improved tremendously. This is an RSI from computer use, among other factors. I have had a long, miserable road with it myself and yet here I am pouring myself into the game more than ever on the day I turn 37. Really, really glad you turned me toward Ross and I'll definitely pick up his book when it comes out.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,070 -
    Joseph F wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    A lot of the videos over the last 18 months or so have used CREV/GTO+ and/or PIOSolver. Ross Glover's book "Unbeatable Poker", out soon, is based largely on GTO+ as discussed in this pod episode: https://redchippoker.com/unbeatable-poker-podcast/

    Thanks again for this. I was just listening to Ross's recent podcast about Unbeatable Poker and couldn't believe my ears. Herniated Disc "symptoms"? "I was bed ridden"? He and I need to talk. I've been struggling with this exact same thing for 6+ months now but it's improved tremendously. This is an RSI from computer use, among other factors. I have had a long, miserable road with it myself and yet here I am pouring myself into the game more than ever on the day I turn 37. Really, really glad you turned me toward Ross and I'll definitely pick up his book when it comes out.

    If you can provide relief for his disk I'm sure you'll have his eternal gratitude.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Joseph F wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    A lot of the videos over the last 18 months or so have used CREV/GTO+ and/or PIOSolver. Ross Glover's book "Unbeatable Poker", out soon, is based largely on GTO+ as discussed in this pod episode: https://redchippoker.com/unbeatable-poker-podcast/

    Thanks again for this. I was just listening to Ross's recent podcast about Unbeatable Poker and couldn't believe my ears. Herniated Disc "symptoms"? "I was bed ridden"? He and I need to talk. I've been struggling with this exact same thing for 6+ months now but it's improved tremendously. This is an RSI from computer use, among other factors. I have had a long, miserable road with it myself and yet here I am pouring myself into the game more than ever on the day I turn 37. Really, really glad you turned me toward Ross and I'll definitely pick up his book when it comes out.

    If you can provide relief for his disk I'm sure you'll have his eternal gratitude.

    So, I was posting in this thread on my birthday (mar 1). Literally two hours later, I started coughing, my temperature went through the roof, and I got sick for weeks to a greater degree than I have been in 10 years. Terribly sick in bed for 2 weeks lol. For the last 14-20 days I have done nothing but poker. Study, play, talk, review hands, play, play more. I can absolutely, legitimately help him get relief and the fact is that it's a misdiagnoses anyway. There's nothing wrong with his disc (almost definitely not. I haven't seen him). How can I get in touch with him? There's a combination of meds, sleeping adjustments, and ergonomic adjustments, along with a period of rest, that will resolve it 90-100%.

    It's Repetitive Strain Injury. The tendons and ligaments, especially around the joints he's straining while typing/playing/studying are causing extreme pain due to carpal tunnel like damage. The sheeth that houses the nerve endings along them has been torn and exposed the nerves, causing pain and inflammation. It just feels like you've been hit by a truck and can become extremely long term.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,070 -
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file