I need some help understanding what my mistakes were here.

alin1918alin1918 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
http://www.sharemypair.com/smpweb/smpviewdetails/feed_id/47279/newhand/1
BB stats: 13/10 over 217 hands

I think that I should have bet a little more preflop.
After his call on the flop I was putting him on K9, K10 , KJ, KQ.

My bet on the river was done based on the thought that there are less combos of K with a J in it that without.

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think you did anything wrong here
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Possibly he has some more combo on the flop than only K9, K10 , KJ, KQ. I think JX float (should at least) as well as some other draws (like gutter or OESD) and meh hands he preflop calls with (like TT).

That's also why I'm not a big fan of turn check-raise: you make him fold all his range but KX hands, maybe you lose some value.
    Even if you put him only on KX hands, a c-r it's hard to balance since there is little to 0 FE (does he fold K4 here ?). Without FE, do you c-r QcTs ? Ac4c ? 55 ?

For that I prefer only bet-bet-bet. But targetting KX, I could turn pot bet and river overbet, or turn overbet and then river underbet to hope for a raise, etc.

I think a c-r is ok with a very low % with great draws and nutted hands, but then I'd not use 33!
    33 is behind K3 (blocked), KJ, JJ... It's not pole enough when we have an extremely low c-r %. I think only JJ would be the correct c-r combo against this Villain: you don't block KX or lower boat (33) and you strongly block V having a better boat (KJ). I'd balance it with greats combo draw (like QcTc) and blocker (like AcTd).
    Edit: K3 or KJ are great too, but since you block KX hands you're targeting, then I'd rather turn c-bet than turn c-r them
  • alin1918alin1918 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Thanks for your replies guys, will review the hand again taking into consideration your points.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,743 -
    edited March 5
    I think you should have lost it all.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file