C- Betting Turn in a 3 bet pot

MrNiceMrNice Red Chipper Posts: 104 ✭✭
https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=4s2vaRP

Please watch the hand in the replayer with the link above.

PREFLOP
Deciding to 3 bet with 69s was a bad choice since it was unlikely he folds. He needs to fold 65% or more to be a profitable move from me.

3 bet calling range of villain: 44 - JJ, A9o+, KJo+, A2s+, 76s+, T8s+

FLOP

I decided to c-bet. Im betting here almost my entire range that I came to the flop with. He needs to fold 25% or more, what he likely does.

TURN

The card is likely better for him. I decided to check fold since only a 6 improves my hand and a 8 gets checked back by him on the river. Should I have barreled the turn?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,021 -
    I think what this primarily illustrates is that if you 3-bet this wide your range will be so weak that your postflop frequencies are going to be impossible to handle.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MrNiceMrNice Red Chipper Posts: 104 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I think what this primarily illustrates is that if you 3-bet this wide your range will be so weak that your postflop frequencies are going to be impossible to handle.

Yes it was a mistake. What range would you advise to 3 bet from the bb vs cu (An unknown player)?
  • CactusCardsCactusCards ArizonaRed Chipper Posts: 109 ✭✭
    MrNice wrote: »

Yes it was a mistake. What range would you advise to 3 bet from the bb vs cu (An unknown player)?

Upswing has charts for opens, so does red chip, and I believe they both include 3B hands. 69s is certainly not on there.

If you’re going to 3B bluff, or try to balance your 3B range I’d take a look at some more logical hands to do it with in a situation like this.

Upswing has charts for opens, so does red chip, and I believe they both include 3B hands. 69s is certainly not on there.

If you’re going to 3B bluff, or try to balance your 3B range I’d take a look at some more logical hands to do it with in a situation like this.

You mean suited aces? I use poker snowie preflop advisor as my guideline. Where are the preflop ranges from redchippoker? Bought CORE once, but didnt found any more charts than RFI.
    The 3-bet ranges are included in this infographic. I've found about 20% of players find this presentation really difficult to absorb, in which case I'd recommend just looking at the algebraic version given in The Course. That's where they come from.

https://redchippoker.com/infographic-pre-flop-ranges/
    Moderation In Moderation
    The 3-bet ranges are included in this infographic. I've found about 20% of players find this presentation really difficult to absorb, in which case I'd recommend just looking at the algebraic version given in The Course. That's where they come from.

Early vs blinds is the calling range of the bb vs LJ and HJ? What about the sb? :-)

Early vs blinds is the calling range of the bb vs LJ and HJ? What about the sb? :-)

3-bet from SB is given in the third panel.
    Moderation In Moderation

3-bet from SB is given in the third panel.

So SB and BB have the same range vs LJ and HJ?
    In the infographic the SB and BB have the same ranges against all raises. The only question is whether you regard the raises as steal raises or not. From LJ/HJ the usual assumption is they're not classed as steals.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file