Flop: 7c7d3s
SB checks. Hero checks.

Pot: $.28
Turn: Jd
SB checks. Hero bets $.14. SB calls.

Pot: $.56
River: 2c
SB checks. Hero checks. SB shows QhJh.

Was there any better way to steal this pot if it is a good time to steal? I didn't c-bet on the flop since the board looks better for SB than it did for Hero (I could very well be wrong though). How does one know if it is a good time to try to steal the pot or not?

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭
    gl523 wrote: »
    I didn't c-bet on the flop since the board looks better for SB than it did for Hero (I could very well be wrong though)
    Better players will have more 7X in BU than in SB (because SB shall only call tight in case BB squeeze).
    In casual rather passive low stakes player, Hero and Villain both have many 7X in their range

The better reason to not c-bet is that if you did have 7X, you would check it often (delayed c-bet). In that case, you also have to check your bad hands often otherwise you're bluffing flop too often.

But if you decide to bluff, 8h6h is a great candidate because you block 8h7h and 7h6h (as well as many 87o and 76o combos) - so blocking the nuts to V.
    gl523 wrote: »
    Was there any better way to steal this pot if it is a good time to steal?
    Betting turn is ok. You shall have enough 7X and overpairs as well as now JX TP to bet. And V didn't bet himself, capping his range pretty strongly.

Not shocking to get called once, esp. since there are plenty of draws available (gutshot, FD, combos draw) and some meh hands who could be sticky (A3, J8, 88 etc.).
    But
    If you rep JX, AA and 7X, you HAVE TO keep betting river, esp. if it's a brick. You wouldn't play 87s check/bet/check. You would at least put 2 streets of value. So you've to follow the same line with your bluff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file