How to download a podcast

babalouisebabalouise Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
After an hour and a half of fiddling around, right-clicking, doing everything I could imagine doing, I haven't had luck downloading any podcasts. I can LISTEN to the podcast by streaming, easy. But I'm about to take a big road trip where I won't have internet and would like to listen to some podcasts while driving. So I need to download to my flashdrive and listen in the car.

How do we do that?

I've tried downloading iTunes, going into iTunes, right clicking from within iTunes or outside of iTunes ... nothing works.

Thanks.

Comments

• Brews_and_CardsBrews_and_Cards Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    In iOS, you need the Podcasts App.

Edit: Or any podcasts app probably.
  • babalouisebabalouise Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Ta da! I finally figured out my own question, so I'll answer it in case anybody else wants to know.
    (1) Install iTunes (free)
    (2) When you are in the podcasts section of Red Chip, click the "view in iTunes" next to ANY of the podcasts on that page (it doesn't matter which one, because then iTunes will open and ALL of the Red Chip podcasts will be there)
    (3) After iTunes opens, you'll see all of the podcasts, and over on the right, you'll see a drop-down that says "get". Click that.
    (4) It won't feel like anything at all has happened, but it has! Go to where iTunes downloads music and podcasts and your download will be there. Where iTunes downloads the music and podcasts will be slightly different on your computer, but it will be in a directory approximately like this:

C:\Users\[your name]\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Podcasts\The Official Red Chip Poker Podcast

(Insert your name where [your name] is in the above path.)

There you go. Depending on your internet speed, it may take a minute for the download to get there, so if there is nothing there, wait a minute and look again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file