Getting blasted on 2+2

LagtardLagtard Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
So I recently started posting on 2+2 and been offering hand analysis answers mostly in the micros. A lot is stuff I picked up in CORE and it seems pretty solid to me according to what I learned but nearly everyone has something to say and it usually isn’t positive.

An example was someone 3 betting KJs from the BB. The rest of the hand is irrelevant (actually would bet my life he got bluffed on the river but won’t go in to it on here...and that was wrong too according to 2+2).

So anyway guy 3 bets KJs and I’m calling it a bad move because it’s against the CO and and his RFI numbers are a little loose but not crazy, no steal stats given and I said that would be relevant and KJ OOP can have negative implied odds Yada yada yada.

Seems like everyone there just blasts anyone that doesn’t agree with them or looks at things differently than they do and can not possibly be a good poker player otherwise.

Anyone else have that experience there?

Comments

• MTTheroMTThero Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Yeah, that's why I hate posting on 2+2. It is very cliq(y). If you don't agree with the standard reg "card" strategy they play, the will start trolling you or ridicule you.

• LagtardLagtard Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
    MTThero wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why I hate posting on 2+2. It is very cliq(y). If you don't agree with the standard reg "card" strategy they play, the will start trolling you or ridicule you.
    Funny thing is I demolish the micros. It’s like taking candy from a baby honestly on the site I play on. I posted my current win rate and they said it was a heater. Lol. It very well could be but they just refuse to give anyone credit if they aren’t a carbon copy PIOSolver GTO loving player like them. I think I’m done posting there. It’s pretty aggravating arguing with a know it all.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,950 -
    That's one of the major reasons why we've worked hard to keep a friendly and encouraging tone on these forums. Hopefully it's a welcome dichotomy =)
    My new book lays out the playbook for AK. Grab your copy and start Optimizing Ace King!
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,757 -
    If your interest in participating in a poker forum is to get better at poker, the Red Chip Poker forum makes 2+2 obsolete.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,757 -
    persuadeo wrote: »
    They'll always have NVG tho

Indeed they will.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MichaelBMichaelB Red Chipper Posts: 139 ✭✭
    It's always been like that from what I remember.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,684 -
    This is why I gleefully ban anyone that is trolling, being a jerk, or any other anti-social behaviour (like making fun of British spellings that @TheGameKat might use.)
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • MTTheroMTThero Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Lagtard wrote: »
    Funny thing is I demolish the micros. It’s like taking candy from a baby honestly on the site I play on. I posted my current win rate and they said it was a heater. Lol. It very well could be but they just refuse to give anyone credit if they aren’t a carbon copy PIOSolver GTO loving player like them. I think I’m done posting there. It’s pretty aggravating arguing with a know it all.

I posted on another forum about the "Cult of Solvers" mindset they have going on there. They treat the answers that the solvers provide as a religion. Which is great if you are playing against a table of bots, but the last time I checked, we are playing against a table of humans.

MTThero wrote: »
    "Cult of Solvers"

Lol. That nails it right there.
  • MichaelBMichaelB Red Chipper Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I wonder how you solve for " I have to call. It's my favourite hand!" ?
    MichaelB wrote: »
    I wonder how you solve for " I have to call. It's my favourite hand!" ?

If it’s 69s then it’s a clear call. Raise from UTG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file