2019 Red Chip Meetup (Las Vegas)

SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,011 -
edited June 7 in Come Say Hello
Good morning everyone!

2019 marks our 5th annual Red Chip Poker meetup and if you plan on being around Vegas, we'd love for you to come hang out. Here is the short & skinny:
  • When: June 6, 2019 at noon
  • Where: Ricardo's Mexican Restaurant (Flamingo & S Decatur)
  • What: Have a meal on us, meet other Red Chippers, and we may even do a Q&A panel with hand reviews
Instead of doing live play during the meetup, we will host live games throughout the series. That way there are more options for playing and the meetup can be less about going to war with other Red Chippers ♥

To register, just go here: https://gum.co/rcp2019 (we ask for $5 down to help us get a better gauge of the number of attendees)

v1gffh29gxzn.png

And if you have any questions, just leave a comment below.

We can't wait to see you this summer!
Tagged:

Comments

• Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »
    going to war with other Red Chippers ♥

Awwww... I really thought this was the best part of the meetup! I do think you have the right idea, however. And love that you'll be doing meet-up games later in the month (especially since I can't get out there until mid June).

I think I almost made it to the Ricardo's study group one time. Calling @JoeOffsuit ?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,011 -
    Paul_K wrote: »
    Awwww... I really thought this was the best part of the meetup! I do think you have the right idea, however.

Yeah, we've just noticed that over the years many came to the meetup for the camaraderie, but left as soon as the live games started. We want people to feel as comfortable as possible - so rescheduling the live games will hopefully do just that =)
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Agree with @Paul_K : for some, the most interesting part is to play against RCP-ers :)

@SplitSuit : you said you will host live games during the series. Do you have any idea when / where / which games ?
    Red wrote: »
    @SplitSuit : you said you will host live games during the series. Do you have any idea when / where / which games ?

We're still crafting that schedule. But the plan is to play at various rooms around Vegas and you know I'll be rooting to get some mixed variants in rotation =)
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,142 -
    Red wrote: »

Health permitting I'll put in a couple of sessions at the Flamingo PLO $1/$1.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CardplayerLifestyleCardplayerLifestyle Red Chipper Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Hoping to attend for the first time and meet some of you wonderful Red Chippers in person!

On a different note, always up for a $4/8 mixed game (if I'm in town). :-)

Robbie Strazynski (Host of the Red Chip Poker Podcast)
    On a different note, always up for a $4/8 mixed game (if I'm in town).

Please bring at least one variant that I have never heard of. I absolutely love the challenge of trying to learn and craft a strategy on the fly =)
    Maybe you should block this thread on the 1st page :)
    I will nearer the event. Subs are also being notified by e-mail.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Marquise KiddMarquise Kidd Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    This falls on my 30th b-day and I’ll be out there!! Can’t wait to meet everyone!
  • CactusCardsCactusCards ArizonaRed Chipper Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Definitely plan to attend, but HOPE I’ll be so deep in the Big 50 that I’ll be busy 😏
  • Ryan707Ryan707 Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I'm only going if Dr. Cardner will be there! Sorry, James n Doug! LOL Yeah, I def enjoy seeing all of you and chatting at these meet-ups, rather than playing. There's always games, but there's only one RCP WSOP meet-up!
    Ryan707 wrote: »
    I'm only going if Dr. Cardner will be there! Sorry, James n Doug! LOL Yeah, I def enjoy seeing all of you and chatting at these meet-ups, rather than playing. There's always games, but there's only one RCP WSOP meet-up!

The good doctor has indicated to me a high probability of attending.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Definitely plan to attend, but HOPE I’ll be so deep in the Big 50 that I’ll be busy 😏

Let us know if you FT the Big50 - I for one would love to come down and sweat it =)
    Ryan707 wrote: »

It's all good, I know that I can't compete with Dr. Cardner's southern charm ♥
  • AlpineCurtAlpineCurt Red Chipper Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Let us know if you FT the Big50 - I for one would love to come down and sweat it =)

How dope would it be to have a RedChipper go deep in the Big50? I also volunteer for rail duty should that happen!
    AlpineCurt wrote: »

How dope would it be to have a RedChipper go deep in the Big50? I also volunteer for rail duty should that happen!

I’ll take it! I hope that we have a good contingent of red-chippers in the tournament, not a bad structure for the money. Solo-tripping out for the week, so regardless Im looking forward to meeting other red chippers and talking shop over a couple beers
    Hotel and flight booked, ESTA approved. Get ready to see a spewy monkey in Vegas !
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    Do any of the guys who run the 2p2 forums show up to this? If so, I'll be there.
    Joseph F wrote: »
    Do any of the guys who run the 2p2 forums show up to this? If so, I'll be there.

I believe they have their own gathering.
    Moderation In Moderation
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Oh, really? Where/when? I have to attend.

Oh, really? Where/when? I have to attend.

I imagine it's advertised on 2p2.
    Moderation In Moderation
    I see "have a meal on us" - That's incredibly generous and classy. What about drinks, though? Are they "on the house", as well?
    I see "have a meal on us" - That's incredibly generous and classy. What about drinks, though? Are they "on the house", as well?

In Vegas people don't buy drinks, they wait until they're at the poker table and toss the cocktail server a buck.
    Moderation In Moderation

In Vegas people don't buy drinks, they wait until they're at the poker table and toss the cocktail server a buck.

Sounds like I'll enjoy it there :D
  • AlpineCurtAlpineCurt Red Chipper Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited May 22
    We're only a couple weeks away from the start of the WSOP, and I would really enjoy following "live updates" of any Red Chippers playing this year. What's been the best way to stay updated on progress? Twitter? The Forums? This thread?
    We're only a couple weeks away from the start of the WSOP, and I would really enjoy following "live updates" of any Red Chippers playing this year. What's been the best way to stay updated on progress? Twitter? The Forums? This thread?

In the past I've created a thread for Red Chippers to provide updates on their tournament progress, but it never got used much. I can try again. I tend to get my vicarious thrills via Twitter.
    Moderation In Moderation

If you want to see me live tweet how I’m playing and more importantly what I’m drinking my Twitter is “CactusCards_“

In all seriousness though, I’d love to see a RCP thread to keep up with the action from our guys
    One solution is simply if community members include @RedChipPoker in their tweets. Then e1 can respond with fire emojis and #LFG and wotnot.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    I am arriving Wednesday evening and will be staying/playing on the center strip area (Wynn/Venetian/Mirage/Harrahs/Flamingo/Caesars.)

Please PM me if anyone is going to be playing around that area, or if anyone would like a ride to Ricardo's Thursday morning from that area (I will have intermediate sized rental car.)
  • N4GNN4GN Louisville KY, U.S.A. and/or Manila, PhilippinesRed Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Can we bring a guest who might be a membership candidate? Obviously no T-shirt, and they'd be on their own for lunch. And maybe we have to blindfold them when we do the secret handshake.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file