How and where to Start?

Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
Hi,
I am Himanshu. I am a new member here. I am from India.
Sites in India are generally very soft and i was able to make money on low mid stakes here. But there are not a lot of tables and therefore takes longer to put in volume. also have tax issues here.
So I decided to move to 888. I deposited $200. I started playing 1c/2c(Max $1 Buy in), 6max. Playing 4-6 tables. In 4 days i had put in 12K+ hand and run down to $145. my Evbb/100 is -12.08 and bb/100 is -17.42.
Apparently My stats are like fish and i m losing more money faster.
My vpip is 23.1 and PFR is 15.1 and 3bet is 6.8.
wtsd% is 30.9 and W$SD 49.6
I M going through courses and would also like to have advice on where to play as i m getting crushed on lowest stake possible.
I tried $5nl and on 1k sample i m up there around 200bb. i know sample is too small, but i found action on 1c/2c too random( Maybe i m just making excuses).
I am aware that i m a fish and i want to play better and move up.
Would like advice on which stake to start and what roll to move up. my current dream is to get to $100 NL.
Also as Indians, we dont Have a lot of options on foreign sites, so maybe leaving 888 cannot be applicable.
Thanking everyone for reading and their replies in advance
Yours sincerely
Himanshu Patil

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,014 -
    I'd recommend working through our CORE program and initially doing a lot more studying than playing. https://redchippoker.com/launch-core/
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
    I second @TheGameKat. When I first started studying/playing more seriously, I was probably at a 1:3 study:play ratio. I realized pretty quickly I needed to flip it and it helped me a lot in terms of confidence.

CORE helped me a lot, its a really solid course when you're not sure how to take in all the information you know you don't know.
  • LagtardLagtard Red Chipper Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Definitely start with Core. I played poker for probably 15 years before signing up here. I played recreationally and kind of gotten better on my own but wasn’t great. I decided I needed to learn more if I was gonna take this seriously. I tried a couple other training sites that didn’t help much. Then I tried Core and learned more in 2 weeks than I learned in 15 years playing on my own. It laid a good foundation to build on.
  • Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Thank you so much @TheGameKat . I have taken your advice and started through our core program. Thank you @Jordan Power and @Lagtard for your valuable insights.
    i will keep posting on my porgress and Hope everyone enjoys the journey.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,014 -
    Onix1708 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @TheGameKat . I have taken your advice and started through our core program. Thank you @Jordan Power and @Lagtard for your valuable insights.
    i will keep posting on my porgress and Hope everyone enjoys the journey.

We're always happy to get feedback on our material, so do please let us know how you progress, have fun, and good luck!
    Moderation In Moderation
    i have finished courses on level 1 till cognition 1.
    Learnt a lot on Hand ranges and textures
    will start to hit the tables soon
    with $150, i am thinking of playing at $5nl with 30 Buy in BR
    Will it be enough.
    Also i m thinking of playing 2 tables now till i learn to utilize what i learn here better.
    hi,
    I m thrilled to share that after joining red chip program and forum,
    I have played in about 1k hands on .02/.05 and so far have an Evbb/100 of 25.22 and bb/100 of 29.
    I understand the sample is small, but just posting since i had a -12 evbb/100 on NL2 before that.
    I shall get more sample and keep posted.
    I also Started Lvl 2 of core.
    Changes i have done are reduced number of table from 6 to 2, so i can get more info on every hand.
    Think of a hand more like taught in CORE, slowly and steadily I plan to increase number so as i get used to this way of thinking any analysis in game and decision making.
    M also very Happy to see such great response from members who gave such great explanations and solutions to problem hands i posted.
    Thank You
    I hope good run continues.
    I never ever thought i would get to NL10 also, now who know i might. hopefully.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file