How to Handle a Maniac at the table?

Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
edited March 21 in General Concepts
Hi,
I M Himanshu, I m amateur player who has started CORE here. Currently at Cognition Level 1
I play on 888 and on Indian sites (as i m Indian).
This happened on an Indian site called Adda52.
The stakes were 5/10(INR).
so i was 4 hours in a session and was sitting on a stack of 4387(450bb).
Vilian joined table then with 1000(100 bb).
Avg Stack size at table was about 1200(120bb).
Now after villian joined, He raised every hand to 100(10bb), or reraised if someone else had it before to 100(10bb). this happened Every Hand (No Exaggeration).
Unfortunately i was on Btn when he was on BB.
Countless time i had to fold to his 3bet.
After a couple of times i tightened up my range.
Villian sucked out a couple of oppenent and had Grown his stack to 2500(250bb).
That is when This Hand Happened.
Hero Stack: 4327
Villian Stack: 2823

Preflop: Hero(BTN) :Ac :Kc
Folds to Btn
Hero Raises 25(2.5bb)
Sb Folds
V (bb) 3bets 100 (10bb)
Hero 4bets 230(23bb)
V calls 230
Pot 465(58bb)
Flop comes :AS: :KD: :4C:
Hero Cbets 350(35bb)
V calls
Pot 1165
Turn : :6S:
Hero Bets 650
V calls
Pot 2365
river : :2S:
Hero Bets 800
V pushes All in 1593
Hero Calls
Villian Shows :9S: :4S:
Villian wins 5551.

I M confused on how this could have been played differently. or Should i just consider this as variance and move on

Comments

• Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Also What Pre flop other adjustment Could i have made, By default i just nit up, But i would love to hear your opinions.
  • cxy123cxy123 Red Chipper Posts: 50 ✭✭
    fine. nothing you can do.

but I would say just size up a bit. If this guy is going to call with any two cards then go bigger. Dont go crazy like 3x pot unless you think he will call. Preflop if I'm on the btn and I know he is going to 3b from the BB, I am going to open to 3bb-4bb and maybe 5bb. In position I might just call with AK but 4 betting is fine esp deep but I would go easily full pot or more - this is the time to overbet. Post flop I am going for value. This guys called a 2/3 pot bet with 3rd pair no kicker.... Go bigger.

Otherwise reload and keep playing. It will find its way back to you. You have a maniac that put 8% of his stack in preflop with 94ss out of position. This is going to be good for you. just value bet big
    Thank you so much @cxy123
    if i were 100 bb deep, is it okay to 4bet shove with Ako?? Considering he had called all in with k7s of 100 bb deep??
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Onix1708 wrote: »

Why not call or raise if he 3bet all the time (aka with trash) ?
    Red wrote: »

Why not call or raise if he 3bet all the time (aka with trash) ?

thought of doing it. but the guy reraised and called all ins with K7s and Q4s. and somehow managed to beat AK or middle pairs other players jammed with. He apprently had no fold botton pre flop. He played every hand. and folded like only 40% post flop.
    i m not sure what he was trying to do, but he did end up with everyones money on table.
    i m not sure what he was trying to do, but he did end up with everyones money on table.
    Because every body fold and he got lucky the other times, maybe?
    If he is willing to play for stacks with K7s and Q4s, you should print money against him, by going all-in preflop with way more marginal hands than the nutted TT+/AQ+.
    edited March 21
    Because every body fold and he got lucky the other times, maybe?
    If he is willing to play for stacks with K7s and Q4s, you should print money against him, by going all-in preflop with way more marginal hands than the nutted TT+/AQ+.

u mean shove wider than TT+/AQ+??? something like A7+ and 77+
    Why not 33 ? Why not KJo ? Why not A2s ?
    Nota bene: I don't advocate to shove blindly with these hands. I invite you to ask yourself (aka put some studies through Flopzilla/Equilab/etc.) why you should or should not go all-in preflop against this maniac with such combos.
  • cxy123cxy123 Red Chipper Posts: 50 ✭✭
    AK preflop 100bb... 4bet and/or jam all day if he is calling with K7.

I played same type of guy a few weeks back at NL10. He opens to 25bb every hand.

It is only my fourth or fifth hand at the table and I notice the trend. So I jammed 100bb on BTN over his 25bb open with A8o and happy with my play. QQ in SB calls and Maniac calls with some garbage. I reloaded, SB was very happy.

Then jammed AK vs his KT open and he called ... I reloaded
    Then jammed AQ, got a btn caller with TT and maniac folded pre... I reloaded.

It happens. But this guy got completely stacked a few hands later. He peaked at maybe probably 6-7 Buy-ins and gave it all back. I dont remember if in total I was down 3 or 4 buy-ins when he left but mehh whatever. I try to bum-hunt that guy if I can find him.
    cxy123 wrote: »
    AK preflop 100bb... 4bet and/or jam all day if he is calling with K7.

I played same type of guy a few weeks back at NL10. He opens to 25bb every hand.

It is only my fourth or fifth hand at the table and I notice the trend. So I jammed 100bb on BTN over his 25bb open with A8o and happy with my play. QQ in SB calls and Maniac calls with some garbage. I reloaded, SB was very happy.

Then jammed AK vs his KT open and he called ... I reloaded
    Then jammed AQ, got a btn caller with TT and maniac folded pre... I reloaded.

It happens. But this guy got completely stacked a few hands later. He peaked at maybe probably 6-7 Buy-ins and gave it all back. I dont remember if in total I was down 3 or 4 buy-ins when he left but mehh whatever. I try to bum-hunt that guy if I can find him.

wow, thank for that, motivates me
    Nota bene: I don't advocate to shove blindly with these hands. I invite you to ask yourself (aka put some studies through Flopzilla/Equilab/etc.) why you should or should not go all-in preflop against this maniac with such combos.

33-77 open up a lot flip situations. when i know guy is going to call i would prefer 60-40 or 70-30 situation. he calls anyways, so maybe i ll be patient and pick my spot. 77+ and A8o+ i m going to jam against him all day.
    please share with me why such a thought process is wrong. all criticism will only make me better.
    as far as KJo is considered, might shove that too but have to put in effort on equilab for that.
    we dont meet such maniacs everyday, i think they increase variance, but end up giving a good payday most of the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file