Ak fold on river after villian leads on river ?3 handed

Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software - http://drivehud.com

NL Holdem $0.05(BB)
BB ($6.14) [VPIP: 30.8% | PFR: 23.9% | AGG: 39.3% | 3-Bet: 6.3% | Hands: 214]
HERO ($11.49) [VPIP: 23.2% | PFR: 15.2% | AGG: 27.2% | 3-Bet: 6.7% | Hands: 13709]
SB ($5.02) [VPIP: 16.3% | PFR: 12% | AGG: 30% | 3-Bet: 3.4% | Hands: 95]

Dealt to Hero: :AH: :KH:

HERO Raises To $0.12, SB Calls $0.10, BB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [16.9 effective]
Flop ($0.29): :AC: :9C: :6S:
SB Checks, HERO Bets $0.21 (Rem. Stack: 11.16), SB Calls $0.21 (Rem. Stack: 4.69)

Turn ($0.71): :AC: :9C: :6S: :TS:
SB Checks, HERO Bets $0.53 (Rem. Stack: 10.63), SB Calls $0.53 (Rem. Stack: 4.16)

River ($1.77): :AC: :9C: :6S: :TS: :3H:
SB Bets $1.18 (Rem. Stack: 2.98), HERO Calls $1.18 (Rem. Stack: 9.45)

SB shows: :TH: :AS:

SB wins: $3.93

Comments

• BigFarmBigFarm MontrealRed Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I don't think I could fold here. Seems like V could have enough missed draws that decide to donk bluff the river, especially in microstakes.
  • Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
    I thought the same way. not being result oriented, i posted this so as to be sure if such a call will work in similar situations in long run. I think i lost minimum here.
  • PapaGiorgioPapaGiorgio Red Chipper Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    I thought very much the same way a month ago, but my views have changed. "Don't Pay Them Off" is a key skill to learn, and I think this hand exemplifies it. You have one pair. The only draw that hit was the OESD on the turn, and the board didn't pair. Yet, SB still lead into you on the river. This usually means he likes his hand and that he can beat one pair. These low limit players do not bluff enough, so his bet means he's strong. Folding TPTK might seem weak, but you will be saving money in the long run.

When would I call? I would call if I suspect the player is better than the average of the player pool and might have the ability to bluff. I would be more inclined to call if the river was a club or spade as I think those cards represent better bluffing opportunity than an offsuit 3. This decision to call really requires me to think SB is capable of bluffing. At the micro limits, folding 100% of the time to these river donk bets when you only have one pair isn't going to cost you much in EV.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file