Low buy in rebuy shove fests

ROI RUINERROI RUINER Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
The site I play on doesn’t have many freeze out tourneys. 80% of them are rebuys. Players play as if the person who has the most chips at the first break wins. K8o, 23s, Ax, 33, whatever it is let it rip.

I’ve first placed these a few times last year but wasn’t a studying player. I have no idea how I got there other than playing ABC TAG poker but my MO now is tilt out early and complain to myself how it’s a donk fest.

With as bad as the players are that’s more reason to get better at coming up with a strategy for these. These luck boxes that make it to the middle and the late stages are fish in a barrel. They can’t wait to give their chips away.

Has anyone come up with a solid early stage strategy for these? I haven’t tried it yet but I’m thinking Nit may apply here. Fold fold fold fold then AA, KK, set mine when it makes sense. Only exception to the nit style is if I’m not doubled up yet then getting it in with nut draws. Once I’m doubled up then play super straight forward. Get through the rebuy period and implement the typical strategy for the next stages.

I know I kind of answered my own question but I’m wondering what others are doing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file