FR 10NL Question

NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
You are in the SB with 33. Loose passive player limps UTG. BB is also loose passive. Folds around to you. What do you do?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,923 -
    For typical stack depths my default is to complete.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • NYCRyNYCRy Red Chipper Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited March 24
    Yes, 100bb stack depths. My thinking is that this may be a good spot for like a 6x raise. I don't like calling because you are facing 4 overcards vs. opponents who will call any normal sized bet with a pair on the flop. And in an unraised pot, how often are you getting a double up from either of them when you flop a set? I think not too often. If raising a normal amount only gets 1 or none of them out then you are in the same spot as just calling essentially and now you are OOP in a more bloated pot with a small pair. Folding seems better than either of those. With the 6x raise you obv show great initiative. Many times you just take the pot down. Sometimes you will get one caller and take it down by betting any flop. If you happen to get limp/re-raised its an easy fold
  • DPokerTDPokerT Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Do loose passive players fold that often to your C-bets?

Lets assume you only win when you flop a set (to simplify this). that happens around ~12.5%. you are paying 0.5 BB to realize your shared of the equity in a 3 BB pot. If villains NEVER put any money in postflop here, your expectancy is only -0.125BB. If you can get either of these villains to put even 1 BB >12.5% of the time when you hit a set, you make money here.
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    Raise 4-5x lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file