Hero bets $.2. BU calls.

Pot: $.70
Turn: :AS:
Hero bets $.50. BU calls.

Pot: $1.70
River: :4H: .
Hero bets $1.20. BU calls.
BU shows :JD: :9D:

I c-betted because of the Q on the board. Then I continued firing due to an Ace on the board without thinking about how it affects my range. In hindsight, I think that I only should have bet on one of those two streets and then fired on the river. I fired on the river since I fired on the previous two streets. When is a good time to do a triple barrel bluff like this and when isn't a good time?
Tagged:

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a great board for a cbet, so that sort answers the triple barrel question right off the bat.
  • MrNiceMrNice Red Chipper Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I think the button will not fold on the turn just because it is an ace, a lot of hands in his range have gutshot to the nuts, flush and straight draws are also unlikely to fold. He might even call with some two pair combos on the turn and not raise because he might be afraid you have a stronger one.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,755 -
    My quick answer is this is not a triple barrel. Persuadeo is correct, this is not even a flop bet.

The triple barrels here will center around K9s for gutshots and eventually blockers to the nuts.

Here is a longer answer:

Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Hey Doug. Thank you very much for the analysis. It was very insightful. I am not sure if Red Chip poker has some policy that I wasn’t aware of but it not then if you are going to make a video of my hands, could you please let me know in advance? I am the type who doesn’t enjoy having information being made public like this without being told so first, even if I am 100 percent likely to be good with it, which in this case and in future cases, I am. Thank you again for the analysis and advice! :)
    So if I understand correctly, the best time to bluff like this is if either of the two conditions hold:
    1) Villain overfolds.
    2) We block the nutted hands.
    Did I get it correct? Any other cases?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,070 -
    gl523 wrote: »
    Hey Doug. Thank you very much for the analysis. It was very insightful. I am not sure if Red Chip poker has some policy that I wasn’t aware of but it not then if you are going to make a video of my hands, could you please let me know in advance? I am the type who doesn’t enjoy having information being made public like this without being told so first, even if I am 100 percent likely to be good with it, which in this case and in future cases, I am. Thank you again for the analysis and advice! :)

Our policy is that if someone posts a hand on our public forum they have already made that hand public, thus we're free to use it for additional content creation. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to clarify that point.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Alrighty! :) Have fun creating new content then! :)
  • LagtardLagtard Red Chipper Posts: 93 ✭✭
    gl523 wrote: »

You asked for advice. He proofed it for you. Then made it available on the same forum thread that said hand is discussed. It’s a poker hand not your social security number. Lol.

That is true Lagtard. In hindsight, I am pretty grateful for the analysis given that free resources such as this don't come easily. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file