Pre flop Error, Mess on flop.

Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
edited April 4 in Online Poker Hands
Posting a Hand here which i think i misplayed on both streets.
But looking back in review, apart i m still confused how to play this hand.

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem $0.02(BB)
SB ($0.12) [VPIP: 30.6% | PFR: 7.5% | AGG: 22.6% | 3-Bet: 2.1% | Hands: 148]
BB ($2.12) [VPIP: 16.8% | PFR: 11.1% | AGG: 29.7% | 3-Bet: 3.1% | Hands: 464]
UTG ($0.75) [VPIP: 22.3% | PFR: 10.8% | AGG: 58.5% | 3-Bet: 2% | Hands: 132]
EP ($1.97) [VPIP: 26.3% | PFR: 10.5% | AGG: 45.5% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 19]
MP ($2.25) [VPIP: 49.1% | PFR: 19.8% | AGG: 20.6% | 3-Bet: 7.1% | Hands: 117]
HJ ($2.0) [VPIP: 9.5% | PFR: 9.5% | AGG: 47.4% | 3-Bet: 9.7% | Hands: 75]
HERO ($2.57) [VPIP: 23.8% | PFR: 14.6% | AGG: 28.5% | 3-Bet: 5.5% | Hands: 30492]
BTN ($2.18) [VPIP: 38.1% | PFR: 23.3% | AGG: 42.9% | 3-Bet: 14.5% | Hands: 182]

Dealt to Hero: :TC: :JS:

UTG Raises To $0.04, EP Folds, MP Folds, HJ Folds, HERO Calls $0.04, BTN Calls $0.04, SB Raises To $0.12 (allin), BB Folds, UTG Calls $0.08, HERO Calls $0.08, BTN Calls $0.08

Hero SPR on Flop: [0 effective]
Flop ($0.50): :6D: :9H: :8S:
UTG Bets $0.10 (Rem. Stack: 0.53), HERO Calls $0.10 (Rem. Stack: 2.35), BTN Raises To $0.50 (Rem. Stack: 1.56), UTG Calls $0.40 (Rem. Stack: 0.13), HERO Raises To $2.45 (allin), BTN Calls $1.56 (allin), UTG Calls $0.13 (allin)

BTN shows :7H: :9C:

Comments

• Onix1708Onix1708 Pune, IndiaRed Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Is my shove right in this spot???
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,923 -
    Onix1708 wrote: »
    Is my shove right in this spot???

Not too sure what the shove achieves since the action suggests you have zero fold equity. The pre-flop call is too loose IMO.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key advice here from Red to you and all struggling players here.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JTo might possibly be the most overvalued hand in all of poker.

There was a live $1/2 hand I remember where a guy min-raised with it, a player to his left reraised, the third player shoved his $120 all in, the JT player called the shove, and the 2nd player folded. The JT player waited anxiously to see what the third player had, and when he showed AK, the JT player breathed an audible sigh of relief and said "Phew! I thought you had me dominated!"

It's hard to know exactly what he meant by this, but based on the smile on his face I just assume he really overestimated the probability that JT would make a straight. The funny thing is, against AK you would rather have 76 than JT!
  • LagtardLagtard Red Chipper Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Everyone that’s play JTo lately has ended up dominating me lately. It drives me nuts because in reality it’s not a great starting hand. JTs has a little more value especially against small pairs.

This was just a spot where you gambled on an OESD. There’s really not much to analyze post flop for turn and river but preflop you should run UTGs raising range (what you know about it based on the sample size) vs JTo through Equilab. I’m gonna guess it’s not a lot (vs 10%). Button seems pretty loose so you could do the same as well but it may not be that relevant preflop.

On the flop you could semi bluff, call or fold. You chose the semi bluff route. As wide as button is playing that flop could very well hit his range. UTG is probably capped. So how much fold equity do you really have?

I forget what video but Ed Miller sums it up saying all of these unsuited broadways are garbage. His voice rings in my head when I get dealt two unsuited broadways. AK and AQ are the exceptions.
  • AnthonyBaum____AnthonyBaum____ Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Lagtard wrote: »
    I forget what video but Ed Miller sums it up saying all of these unsuited broadways are garbage. His voice rings in my head when I get dealt two unsuited broadways. AK and AQ are the exceptions.

You hit the nail on the head, I could hear him saying specifically that JTo is garbage as I read this and many other posts recently.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,923 -
    Yeah it's in one of the first two videos from "The Course" series and also emphasized in the book of the same title.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • LagtardLagtard Red Chipper Posts: 93 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Yeah it's in one of the first two videos from "The Course" series and also emphasized in the book of the same title.
    yes. The preflop video.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file