Any Good Resources on C-Betting?

gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 71 ✭✭
Hey guys. Do you have any free resources on c-betting, in particular, what flops are good for c-betting and what range should one be c-betting with given a flop? I noticed that one of my major leaks has come due to not mastering this topic...
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 1,923 -
    For free stuff I'd suggest starting with https://redchippoker.com/how-to-think-about-flop-texture/ and https://redchippoker.com/4-questions-before-c-betting/

CORE is loaded with c-betting material and it's going to be a monthly theme in our PRO material over the summer.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Flopzilla/HoldEq. When dealing with more advanced postflop scenarios and multiway pots, use Power-Equilab.
  • gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 71 ✭✭
    Joseph F wrote: »
    Flopzilla/HoldEq. When dealing with more advanced postflop scenarios and multiway pots, use Power-Equilab.

Those cost money though....
    gl523 wrote: »

Gotta spend money to make money, the question is whether you dump it off on the poker tables or invest in training products and recoup those costs.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's hundreds if not thousands of posts and threads in this very forum on the subject, all of which are perfectly free.

What you're really saying is, point me to something that's free because I both don't want to pay for it and don't want to work for it.

Unimpressive.
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Gotta spend money to make money, the question is whether you dump it off on the poker tables or invest in training products and recoup those costs.

Well said. Though I have noticed that a lot of my leaks can be answered by free resources...once I exhaust those, I’ll probably move on to money based resources.

How does one use Flopzilla, HoldEq and Power-Equilab to understand c-betting better? Can Equilab do the same thing?
  • Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 297 ✭✭✭

How does one use Flopzilla, HoldEq and Power-Equilab to understand c-betting better? Can Equilab do the same thing?

To paraphrase Speaker Pelosi... "you have to buy flopzilla to find out what's in it."
    persuadeo wrote: »
    There's hundreds if not thousands of posts and threads in this very forum on the subject, all of which are perfectly free.

What you're really saying is, point me to something that's free because I both don't want to pay for it and don't want to work for it.

Unimpressive.

Actually, I didn’t know that this forum had information like this. If I had known, I would done some work there. Where in the forum is there information like this?

Well said. Though I have noticed that a lot of my leaks can be answered by free resources...once I exhaust those, I’ll probably move on to money based resources.

Equilab can do a lot, but Power-Eq and Flopzilla go further. In terms of understanding c-betting better with these tools, simply looking at how different ranges hit flops is the starting point, I think.
    Moderation In Moderation

Equilab can do a lot, but Power-Eq and Flopzilla go further. In terms of understanding c-betting better with these tools, simply looking at how different ranges hit flops is the starting point, I think.

What do you mean “looking at how different ranges hit flops”? How does one use that information to determine the cbet range and bet size?
    If your opponent's range connects with the flop better than yours, c-betting is often problematic, particularly OOP. These issues are covered systematically in CORE.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file