10nlz: AQo BB vs SB limp/caller

Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software - http://drivehud.com

NL Holdem $0.1(BB)
CO ($10.74) [VPIP: 4.3% | PFR: 3.5% | AGG: 50% | 3-Bet: 1.5% | Hands: 257]
BTN ($25.29) [VPIP: 10.5% | PFR: 9.3% | AGG: 50% | 3-Bet: 9.5% | Hands: 86]
SB ($10) [VPIP: 12.6% | PFR: 7.8% | AGG: 20.3% | 3-Bet: 3.9% | Hands: 461]
HERO ($13.41) [VPIP: 24.1% | PFR: 15.3% | AGG: 27.4% | 3-Bet: 4.4% | Hands: 13468]
UTG ($14.21) [VPIP: 9.9% | PFR: 6.6% | AGG: 31.3% | 3-Bet: 6.3% | Hands: 181]
HJ ($34.09) [VPIP: 8.7% | PFR: 8.1% | AGG: 21.7% | 3-Bet: 3% | Hands: 333]

Dealt to Hero: Qc Ad

UTG Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Calls $0.05, HERO Raises To $0.45, SB Calls $0.35

Hero SPR on Flop: [10.61 effective]
Flop ($0.90): 6s 4c Ac
SB Checks, HERO Bets $0.55 (Rem. Stack: 12.41), SB Raises To $1.85 (Rem. Stack: 7.70),

Hero??

Comments

• MichaelBMichaelB Red Chipper Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a standard call, no?
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    What kind of range do you assign to villain here after the x/r?
  • thewolfmanthewolfman Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited April 9
    Completing the small blind says to me he's a weak player. It just doesnt make sense. I have noticed some players getting sticky with limps, or check raising, representing AA f/e while having absolute rubbish. Also, since you have an A and the board has an A, him having AA is unlikely. AK he would probably raise prelfop after you raise his limp. A set is possible. So I guess I would just call down reasonable bets, assuming your ahead, and sometimes walking into a set. This way you maximize your value if he's bluffing.
    thewolfman wrote: »
    Completing the small blind says to me he's a weak player. It just doesnt make sense. I have noticed some players getting sticky with limps, or check raising, representing AA f/e while having absolute rubbish. Also, since you have an A and the board has an A, him having AA is unlikely. AK he would probably raise prelfop after you raise his limp. A set is possible. So I guess I would just call down reasonable bets, assuming your ahead, and sometimes walking into a set. This way you maximize your value if he's bluffing.

Limp small blind vs bb is terrible. Calling from the sb, in what will be mwpots since the bb never 3bets (if he doesn't) with 22-JJ, AJs+, 67s-JTs, etc is good.
    edited April 9
    Oh - Don't 2.5x open @ 10nlz - You're fish tagged. 4-4.5x EP and 3-3.5x LP. If you flop hard, don't slow play. Start betting in 70%-135% chunks, depending on board texture, of course. Guys didn't sign in to fold @ 10nlz.
    - Until you get at least 150bb's deep - as tempting as it is - most draws and most hands where you're calling down and don't have the initiative, are just not worth it. 10nlz stacks are too shallow and the rake is too high. As with everything: Usually.

- Let other players fight for small and medium sized pots and start marking/taking notes (most huds do this themselves now but my zoom pool won't show the hud stats during the session so I have to write them down as fast as i can in notepad) on guys who are down that night due to bad play, or even good play and tilted, and target their ranges. There are a lot of hands they're just *not* going to fold and won't even be thinking about your range, just there's. With a 10nlz stack, even 200-300bb's, guys will just let it go with very little, if any equity, quite often. Again, better to pick these big spots - since you're seeing any hand you want for as long as you want essentially - than keep showing your cards at showdown over $1.40, $2.50, $.89c.

- 3b relentlessly with range advantage and position until someone gives you a reason to stop. It's important to take pots down pre with the rake structure in place.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file