Easy fold or not that simple? (Ranges?)

needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
edited April 17 in Live Poker Hands
2/5

$1k effective

Hero MP open :9S: :9C:
$25

Hero image - winning, couple strong showdowns, 1 weak losing showdown, frequency maybe a little high on opens and cbets

BTN(Villain) calls $25

Villain TAG Reg 40 something Asian,

BB calls
Pot $75

Flop :2C: :4D: :8S:

BB checks
Hero bets $40
BTN calls, BB folds

Pot $155
Turn :JC:

Hero bets $75
BTN calls

Pot $305
River :KC:

Hero checks
Villain bets $225

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,999 -
    Do you think V would ever turn 4x or 66 into a river bluff? Are they the floating type?

And why only $75 on the turn? What is that size accomplishing?
  • needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »

Do you think V would ever turn 4x or 66 into a river bluff? Are they the floating type?

Thanks for chiming in @SplitSuit

Best answer: I don't know, at the time of hand I would lean towards yes,
    but it was early in the session, and while I've seen the villain in the room often, I have very little history with him.

(after playing with the villain for several more hours I would say prob not, villain was a little bit more ABC than I had originally thought)

I felt like 99 was still the best hand a lot of the time, so I wanted to bet a size that would keep draws in, it is something I've been working on, trying to not just blow hands out all the time.

But I realizing your question it would prob be more advantageous to bet larger and deny some equity.
    [/quote]

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭✭

I felt like 99 was still the best hand a lot of the time, so I wanted to bet a size that would keep draws in, it is something I've been working on, trying to not just blow hands out all the time.
    Which draws ?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 3,999 -
    Thanks for chiming in @SplitSuit

Cheers. Let's go with the real-time assumption you had (that V would turn 4x and 66 type hands into bluffs). Do a quick range exploration of the density of those combos (both at full capacity and at reduced capacity) compared to V's entire betting range. Compare that to the pot odds and see at what point the call becomes good.

There are certainly hands that beat you in V's betting range..but this exercise will help you see things more objectively from a combo-basis.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phil Ebbs wrote: »
    you block flush draws

Blech

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file