Asking for a friend!

uglytunauglytuna Red Chipper Posts: 109 ✭✭

Blinds 150/300/50. Hero has about 36K, and both Villains cover you. Hero has a tough/aggro postflop image but hasn’t really been that active preflop, especially from early position.

Hero open to 750 with :Qs :Qd From UTG.

UTG+2, who plays well but doesn’t really get much into the whole 3-betting game, mostly takes a lot of flops and plays well postflop, 3B to 2025.

Another guy, older and on the loose passive side preflop but not a huge fish or anything, cold calls the 3B from the CO.

Folds back to Hero, who calls.

Flop :Td :9c :3h

6975 in pot.

Hero checks, 3better bets 2500, cold caller raises to 7500.

What do you do? (Cough cough) what should my friend do?

Did my friend screw up PF by not 4B?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,142 -
    Fold and no.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • uglytunauglytuna Red Chipper Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Should Hero ever be leading into this flop, after being 3B?

How much should we be lead? 1/4 pot, 1/2 pot, 3/4 or maybe a full size pot?

What do we accomplish by leading?
    -We deny hands like AJ-AQ to fold.
    -We narrow the ranges?

If we lead and get raised should our plan be to fold. Check call future streets on safe run outs?

Advice?
    -Tuna
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    4betting is an option but it's very likely that both players call if you make it too small. I don't know which tournament it is but in general it's not a good idea to get >100bb in with QQ. On the flop it's a fold I guess. Leading is not that great because the cold caller could have all sets, 3bettor could have TT. So we basically fold out out worse hands and get called by better. Yeah we deny equity against AX but I still prefer a x/f in that spot.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,771 -
    Do you think stack sizes are relevant?
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Agreed with X/F on the Flop. You don't have the range advantage, you don't have the nut advantage and you are OOP with 2 aggressors IP, who you mentioned are usually more passive than they've both already showed in this hand.

It might seem nitty given the board and your (friend's) hand, but I think it's a pretty quick fold.
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 184 ✭✭
    There's alot of things to consider when making a decision in this space; whats the structure like? Youre playing deep now but how long will that last? What/where are the payouts and are there pay jumps to consider? Whats the field like? Is it regs or gamblers who float to the poker room to try their luck in a daily tourney? How many players on the table? What are stack sizes?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file