How can I help you with Blind Play?

Mike POKERINABOXMike POKERINABOX Red Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
Hi redchippers,

I have a group coaching session coming up in June for you guys on the topic of blind play. In preparation for this and to make sure it's as useful as possible, I'd like to hear from you.

What do you find most challenging about playing from the blinds?

Feel free to talk about general issues or specific situations or even share hands. It would also help to know whether you play live or online and at what stakes.

You can reply to this thread with your answers or email me directly: [email protected]

Cheers,
Mike
Tagged:

Answers

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I think the biggest problem I have in the blinds are situations where I'm getting >3:1 on a call

For example:

Live 1/2

Utg limps
    Utg +1 limps
    MP1 raises to $7
    MP2 calls
    CO calls
    But. calls
    SB ?
    BB ?

• Mike POKERINABOXMike POKERINABOX Red Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @blindraise - great question !

It's definitely a challenge when we have mediocre cards, poor position, but yet excellent pot odds. I will definitely include this in my coaching class.

Short answer for now is to reach wide with your range to anything that plays even remotely well multi-way as long as you're confident there won't be another re-raise coming since in your example neither blinds are really closing the action. Also, note that SB & BB are NOT created equal even though many players tend to treat them quite similarly.

Keep them coming !
  • BadMoe99BadMoe99 Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Sb/BB defense by 3betting. As you mention in one of your videos this positions is where you 3bet most from.

Also isolation raise limpers from the blind. I notice it is very hard to get any folds when you raise limpers from sb/bb. Not matter how much you up the raise same amount of callers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file