Bubble closer than a gnats wing.

StonethorStonethor Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 19 in Tournament Poker Hands
Hi guys, I'm just wondering what you guys think about this final hand I played in a 215 Euro Tournament to the EPT in Madrid. I satellited my way into this tourney and worked bloody hard for this.
I'm going to link this hand via ICMizer.
Villain who re-raised was big stack with rougly 80k trying to bully me often and the other 2 players at the table, just being a general big stack bully. I even folded Aces earlier on because his range easily had 2 pair on the board that came.

https://www.icmpoker.com/screenshot/lnTdAF/

Needless to say I apparently made the correct nash play by going A-I with :KC: :QD:
He turns up with :8H: : :8C:
Flop : :2H: :4C: :5H:
Turn : :7D:
River :6D:

I feel like I had to go A-I otherwise I would've simply blinded out or had to go A-I on a worse hand. Villain ended up getting a straight. I feel I had to make this play and it was a bit of a coin flip pre-flop but I was wondering if you guys would've done anything differently?

And it goes without saying this is the biggest sting I have ever felt in my entire poker life. I love poker and love studying poker but jesus this really put me on a serious downer.

Many thanks,
Stonethor
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,013 -
    Math don't lie, altho I might unlock Nash and play around a bit assuming a wide raise-call range for V (since he has you so well covered), plus if it's close to the bubble make sure you've taken care of ICM effects. But all that said, at that stack depth I think this is always going to be a shove.

The good news is, after every sting the next one hurts a little less.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • StonethorStonethor Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Thank you for your answer, I agree wholeheartedly. I forgot to mention the final 3 got the prize packages.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,013 -
    Oh so literally on the bubble. Okay, so the ICM could change this if there was a stack shorter than yours. In that case you have to play insanely tight.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 95 ✭✭
    You were short stack and needed to get chips. Yes you had about 17 BB but 4 handed that goes fast. I agree with the shove as you could go broke waiting for a better pocket and every chip that leaves gives you less pressure on your shove. This is an example of right play but bad outcome
  • MTTheroMTThero Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I'm confused, you said you satellited in to this tournament, but then later you said top 3 get packages. Is this a satellite?

If so, did you adjust the payout structure to 1 for places 1 - 3?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file