To Fire or Not to Fire on the Turn

gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
edited April 22 in Online Poker Hands
$.02/.04 Online 6 Players
Effective Stack Size: $4.12

Hero is on BB with :JD: :JS:
CO limps. Hero raises to $.20. CO calls.

Pot: $.42
Flop: :9C: :5H: :KS:
Hero bets $.13. CO calls.

Pot: $.68
Turn: :6S:
Hero checks. CO checks.

Pot: $.68
River: :8S:
Hero checks. CO checks.
CO shows :AD: :TD:.

So Villain is the type who limp-calls with hands like J4s and A2o and flats with KK so Villain's range is really wide. I didn't fire on the turn due to fear of Villain having a K. I feared this due to the wide range of good hands that Villain would flat with preflop. I didn't pay enough attention to the types of hands Villain could continue with after a standard continuation bet other than one hand where Villain continued with a gutshot with A2o. Did I miss out on value here? The river check is due to being OOP on a wet board.
Tagged:

Comments

• adamzerneradamzerner Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I think you could fire again on the turn, but user a size around half pot to ensure you get calls from all single pair hands. Yes, they have Kx, but they'll also have a million other single pair hands and iffy draws if they're fishy like you describe. If we assume that they have a wide 50% range preflop and continue with all their pairs, gutshots and ace highs on the flop, their turn range only has top pair or better about 32% of the time. Try playing around with the linked-to tool to get a better feel for what your opponents ranges are in these sorts of situations. It's always tempting to be scared of being beat, but understand that against fishy opponents, there's usually going to be a lot of other junk.
  • AHallai_3AHallai_3 Sault Ste Marie, MIRed Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Against someone who I find out floats the flop like this with virtually no back door draws, with no plan to bluff the turn after you check, puts me in pure value bet mindset until they change it up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file