$2/5 UTG KK, double paired/flush board, what are you doing here?

needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
$2/5 should we slowdown on the turn? Bet bigger/smaller? What are you doing on river?

1st hand of a new game

No reads other than a sigh and an eye roll from button caller (villain) as he makes the call preflop

Effective Stacks $500

H utg

K♣️K♦️

4callers

Pot $100

FLOP: J♦️5♥️5 ♦️

H $65

Button call
Everyone else folds
HU

Pot $230
Turn Q♦️

H $150
V call

Pot $530

River J♣️

H...

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like your flop c-bet size and I like even less your turn c-bet / c-bet size.

Try to see why
  • needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    I don't like your flop c-bet size and I like even less your turn c-bet / c-bet size.

Try to see why

why?
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K♣️K♦️

4callers

Pot $100

Something's off already.

Try to see why

why?

Try to figure it out yourself first.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Try to see why

why?

Try to figure it out yourself first.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

thank you for the insight yoda
  • NTD12NTD12 Red Chipper Posts: 49 ✭✭

Try to see why

why?

How much do you have left?
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milk, Red is trying to zero in on how different boards want different sizings, so why would a paired board like this respond well to a smaller bet?
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Milk, Red is trying to zero in on how different boards want different sizings, so why would a paired board like this respond well to a smaller bet?

ok. Honestly I'm not sure. But if I'm guessing at the possibilities: they can only have very little value that we beat, their bluffs will likely be made up of complete air with a few combos of draws which most will fold.

By being in a way ahead way behind scenario it would behoove us to pot control to try to realize our equity.

And our betting bigger makes us polarized, allowing the in position player to navigate easier

let me know if I'm in the ballpark of what you guys are thinking of
    bump
    @persuadeo @Red (any others for that matter) I would like to hear your feedback on my opinion to what you guys are both alluding to. please/thank you.
    By being in a way ahead way behind scenario it would behoove us to pot control to try to realize our equity.
    Where / how is it a way ahead way behind scenario ?
    edited April 28
    Where / how is it a way ahead way behind scenario ?

On a j55 board there are very few hands we can target for value,

maybe any jx specifically,

maybe some smaller pairs,

but there are very few hands, other than hands that beat us, that will continue if we bet.

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By being in a way ahead way behind scenario

This doesn't really fit the description of WAWB. Normally it's unlikely someone has a 5 here, although since there were 4 callers the likelihood does start to climb (especially since the 3rd and 4th callers seem to think they're "priced in" no matter what they have - based on comments I've heard.)

I basically consider a WAWB scenario one where one player has 1-3 outs. If you are behind, you're way behind (you have 2 outs to anything that's beating you except quad 5s). However your opponents can have many outs to beat you, ranging from 5 (e.g. AJ) to 9 (e.g. :AD: :QD: ).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file