What has GTO proven or disproven?

LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
Was wondering about this. I assume that before the age of solvers there was already an idea of theoretically correct poker. Since solvers have come into existence, which commonly accepted concepts have been proven or disproven?
Tagged:

Comments

• BigFarmBigFarm MontrealRed Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    It's correct to fold 72o.
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Snowie is not GTO but has also confirmed some very advanced sizing ideas.

Somewhere is California Austin is crushing the games because he played a week of Snowie's free trial and you Godless heathens kicked him off this site where he was sharing some exorbitant poker knowledge but mainly just flooding the Hand Histories, but we all miss him and his claims of constant range advantage. Long live Austin and his challenge.
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    Snowie is not GTO but has also confirmed some very advanced sizing ideas.

Somewhere is California Austin is crushing the games because he played a week of Snowie's free trial and you Godless heathens kicked him off this site where he was sharing some exorbitant poker knowledge but mainly just flooding the Hand Histories, but we all miss him and his claims of constant range advantage. Long live Austin and his challenge.

What is he crushing? 1/2 live? So are a lot of other people. The guy was banned because he couldn't control himself and started problems with myself and others for absolutely no reason. I had thanked the guy on my own site for helping me with advice and then he went on a two day rant against me here about virtually nothing. That behavior, along with his stupid Joker avatar, paints the picture clearly. He's a jerkoff.

He's never played anything above 1/2. For years now. That's not exactly progressing through live poker. The fact that he openly admitted he neglected his wife and kids emotionally and financially because of playing poker until 5am every night doesn't exactly help his cause. He's a degenerate.
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Sir, my post reeked of sarcasm.
    jfarrow13 wrote: »
    Sir, my post reeked of sarcasm.

Just clarifying. I didn't even want the guy to be banned but he was clearly a total moron.
    You know, come to think of it, you guys should actually invite him back. What's the worst that could happen?
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    Do you have any examples of what GTO has (dis)proven Joseph?
    I think @persuadeo sums it up well. It's proven things about betting frequencies and their efficiency but also just how strong a positional advantage is and how much it really makes up for in a range discrepancy.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    2) the nuance of card removal is far advanced

I was ahead of my time! lol

This is not a very good analogy, but Einstein had some theories with no way to validate or see evidence of some of them. In the years since he died, there have been many examples of science detecting new things while they add "This was predicted by Einstein's theory, and helps validate now that we can see it."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file