This one hurt

ElzammoElzammo Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
.30/.60 online I have $26.40. Villian 1: $37, Villian 2: $97. BTN <$4

I've been running bad lately but thought I had this one in the bag...
Could I have gotten out of this one or is it just a (another) cooler?

Villain 1 to my left was an absolute preflop call station, the guy to his left (V2) wasnt much better. Id usually only 3xbb bet here but I knew I'd get some fish callers so 4bb.

I'm UTG. 6 handed
:As :Ac

I raise to $2.40
Called by two players on my left (which i expected)
BTN shoves all in for $3.90
I would've loved to reraise here but his raise wasn't a full bet so I couldn't.
Blinds fold. Everyone else calls.
Pot $16.50

:Jc :2c :3s

I shove for $22.24

Both villians insta-call.

:4h

Both check

:3c

Villain 1 shoves for $12.90
Villian 2 folds
Villian 1 turns over :Kc :4c
BTN had 88

Comments

• AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    You got it in good, nothing you can do...
  • ElzammoElzammo Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    You got it in good, nothing you can do...

I thought so too. I think the only thing I could've done was bet like $4 preflop. But i dont see the 2 to my left folding anyway. Ah well...
  • adamzerneradamzerner Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited April 29
    Man, if anything I could see checking the flop to let them catch up to you on the turn. Jx doesn't have many outs, and flush draws aren't too big a part of their range, especially since you have the Ac. So yeah, I think I'd prefer checking the flop and easily getting your stack in on the turn (+ river).

Getting it in on the flop and losing here is definitely a cooler. But hey, be greatful that you have some fish to play with!

It could be interesting betting even bigger preflop. Probably a good idea to experiment with it at least to see how far they'll go.

(Small note: this is an online hand but you posted it in the "Live Poker Hands" section.)
  • ElzammoElzammo Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    But hey, be greatful that you have some fish to play with!
    So true! I had been waiting for my chance and hoped this was it. They had both been playing everything and getting VERY lucky. As it worked out, I had become pretty short stacked from similar bad beats - maybe if I had more chips i could've scared them off on the flop - but then I also think I want them in this pot. So yeah probably not much I can do really... mostly needed to vent! :)

And apologies for posting in the wrong section - still getting use to this forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file