2/5 QQ 3barrels vs aggro.

needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
2/5

$500 effective stacks

Villain has been super aggro 3b hero specifically 3x before this hand.

The 3rd 3b we had A4cc and thought about popping the 4bet to make a stand, but decided to pass as it has only been a few orbits and villain has shown down mostly strong hands.

MP we get :Qh :Qd open $35

5 callers

Pot $175

Flop
:9s :5c :2d

Checks to us we cbet $100

Only villain button calls

Pot $375

Turn :7d

We $200 / call

Pot $775

River :Jc

We jam

Comments

• needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited May 3
    Phil Ebbs wrote: »
    what worse hands are calling when you do this? and also, what is up with all these recent posts of players cbetting bad sizing in multi-way pots?

What would be a better cbetting size mw and why?
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Not sure how many players behind you but I would probably check my entire range here on the flop
  • osirus0830osirus0830 Red Chipper Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited May 4
    Sully wrote: »
    Not sure how many players behind you but I would probably check my entire range here on the flop

If he were deep, I would agree, but at 100bb effective, I think that you can bet your overpairs and sets of nines. I do agree that the sizing is too large. I likely bet 75 on flop, and 125-150 on turn. I would check and evaluate river.

The issue with triple barreling is that villain has more sets than you. You really can only get to the river with a set if 9s and a rivered set of jacks. Your saving grace is the low SPR. Getting it in with a little over 2.5 SPR can never be too huge of an error. If you would have been 150bb effective, your line would have been bad imo.
  • Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Vs. Aggro villain as you described, I'm check raising the turn to get the money in as opposed to triple barreling where he can't call unless you are beat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file