2/5 QQ 3barrels vs aggro.

needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
2/5

$500 effective stacks

Villain has been super aggro 3b hero specifically 3x before this hand.

The 3rd 3b we had A4cc and thought about popping the 4bet to make a stand, but decided to pass as it has only been a few orbits and villain has shown down mostly strong hands.

MP we get :Qh :Qd open $35

5 callers

Pot $175

Flop
:9s :5c :2d

Checks to us we cbet $100

Only villain button calls

Pot $375

Turn :7d

We $200 / call

Pot $775

River :Jc

We jam

Comments

• Phil EbbsPhil Ebbs Red Chipper Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited May 3
    Stack sizes are pretty awkward, you'r jamming river for what, like 1/4 pot?
    what worse hands are calling when you do this? and also, what is up with all these recent posts of players cbetting bad sizing in multi-way pots? It's a cbetting epidemic out here! =)
  • needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited May 3
    Phil Ebbs wrote: »
    what worse hands are calling when you do this? and also, what is up with all these recent posts of players cbetting bad sizing in multi-way pots?

What would be a better cbetting size mw and why?
  • Phil EbbsPhil Ebbs Red Chipper Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited May 3
    Phil Ebbs wrote: »
    what worse hands are calling when you do this? and also, what is up with all these recent posts of players cbetting bad sizing in multi-way pots?

What would be a better cbetting size mw and why?

When you cbet this big and then barrel turn, I think you are setting yourself up to only get called by better from a thinking villain. If you have a cbet strategy here, you want to bet a size that folds out player's equity with Ax and Kx, but you can't go too large - you need to be careful because the field is going to have tons of sets here, and too large makes you very vulnerable to raises and doesn't get called by much worse on later streets.
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    Not sure how many players behind you but I would probably check my entire range here on the flop
  • osirus0830osirus0830 Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited May 4
    Sully wrote: »
    Not sure how many players behind you but I would probably check my entire range here on the flop

If he were deep, I would agree, but at 100bb effective, I think that you can bet your overpairs and sets of nines. I do agree that the sizing is too large. I likely bet 75 on flop, and 125-150 on turn. I would check and evaluate river.

The issue with triple barreling is that villain has more sets than you. You really can only get to the river with a set if 9s and a rivered set of jacks. Your saving grace is the low SPR. Getting it in with a little over 2.5 SPR can never be too huge of an error. If you would have been 150bb effective, your line would have been bad imo.
  • Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Vs. Aggro villain as you described, I'm check raising the turn to get the money in as opposed to triple barreling where he can't call unless you are beat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file