2/5 TT what are you doing on this river

needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
2/5

$500 eff

2 villains, Regs, thinking players but gambly, usually loose but playing tight as it is early at a new table.

Here’s the hand

We open :Ts :Tc

mp to $25

villains in blinds call

Pot $75

Flop 229 :2h :2d :9h

xx Hero bets $50 cc

Pot $225

Turn

:2s

Hero bets $150 cc

Pot $675

River

:5h

checks to us

Comments

• adamzerneradamzerner Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Turn I'd probably prefer a larger bet with the thinking that they're probably pretty inelastic at this point with their nines.

I'm not sure, but I think you can shove that river looking to get value from nines. There aren't many combos that can have the two. They're probably only playing A2s and maybe K2s preflop, and it needs to be discounted because they haven't raised. On the other hand, there's a much better chance they have a nine. And on this runout, I could see a nine calling the river.
  • ishmael2013ishmael2013 Red Chipper Posts: 1 ✭✭
    I'm going to agree with Adamzerner. Although we don't have 2x in our range, the blinds will almost never have 2x given that they are tightish regs that flatted from the blinds. This means we can get some value on the river from 9x.

Secondly, we raised from MP which means we can almost certainly discount JJ+ from their ranges. If we had raised UTG, it might be more likely for a hand like JJ to flat from SB. So we're not very concerned about value owning ourselves.
  • Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 121 ✭✭
    I'm not comfortable betting into two players hoping I get one of them to call with a 9. Even thinking regs would likely fold their 9.
    Have we discounted 99?
    JJ is definitely in their range as many live players hate that hand and play it terribly.

When you bet 2/3 pot on the turn...there is little reason for either player in the blinds to raise with a better hand, especially a 2.

I probably would of checked back the turn, and called any river bet or bet $200 on the river if checked to.

Either way, you picked up a nice pot if you were ahead and didn't miss much value from hands you beat.
  • Phil EbbsPhil Ebbs Red Chipper Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    Michael E wrote: »
    I'm not comfortable betting into two players hoping I get one of them to call with a 9. Even thinking regs would likely fold their 9.
    Have we discounted 99?
    JJ is definitely in their range as many live players hate that hand and play it terribly.

When you bet 2/3 pot on the turn...there is little reason for either player in the blinds to raise with a better hand, especially a 2.

I probably would of checked back the turn, and called any river bet or bet $200 on the river if checked to.

Either way, you picked up a nice pot if you were ahead and didn't miss much value from hands you beat.

If a thinking reg folds their 9X here, they are way overfolding and we can run them over. So if we think that's the case, we should be trying to throw a ton of bluffs in here, and at least have a balanced bluff range (maybe over-bluff as an exploit) here. If opponents are calling in a balanced manner here, TT can be value bet.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure what one is expecting two players, one with a small blind flatting range vs a 5x open, to show up in the turn with. He shouldn't have a lot of 9x. If he does somehow have 9x, what does that leave the BB with?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file