% of hands that win

AnthonyBaum____AnthonyBaum____ Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
I hope I can explain this...

So I am looking for a chart, right so in poker, a flush beats a straight because it is a certain % harder to get IE gotten less often. So what I would like, is a chart, that would show, after a 5 card poker run out, what is the nut hand over the course of 1 million run outs. So, I know in flopzilla or equilab, I could do this with a hand, how often does AA make these hands, but I want to know the outcome without reflection of the hole cards.

The chart would say after a million run outs, a royal flush was possible on .04% of the boards and a set was the nut hand 6% of the time. So a full house would not be listed, nor would 2 pair, because on every board a set is possible and every time the board pairs, quads is the best hand.

Comments

• Michael EMichael E Red Chipper Posts: 121 ✭✭
    https://wizardofodds.com/ask-the-wizard/texas-hold-em/probability/

Seems like some useless information, but this site had a couple things on it.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭
    It makes sens to work around Hero's 2 cards / range and see how often you get some specific made hands.
    Which you can do with Flopzilla.

It makes sens to work around the flop / board to see how your card or range hit/miss based on specific targeted made hand.
    Which you can do with Flopfalcon (only for flop; I don't know any software for all 3 streets)

If you allow both Hero's cards AND board to change, now you're just looking at what the % to get a straight, flush, etc. on 5/7 cards. This is pure combinatorics - but I don't know (if) any software providing this information. (Let alone having street by street info.)
    But
    What would you do this such information? Here you can't see / take in account how the hand was played (bets and bet sizings) or the board run-out, and these have a strong impact on which made hands are available at the end.

Now you can dig into the information your asked in your OP; but I really don't see any relevant information to improve your poker skills or help analyzing a hand / a line.
  • AnthonyBaum____AnthonyBaum____ Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    My theory is based more towards Omaha play, when determining hand selection. I was studying and thinking, if you could almost rank a flush draw or a wrap option by a number and rank s pair by a number, you could then have a number system to help with hand selection. Today in the shower I was thinking more about it, QQ makes the nut set, it is the lowest possible nut hand, anything less allows for a straight to be on the board. So how good is QQ compared to JJ when talking of being dominated? JJ is ALWAYS able to be dominated in any situation unless it makes quads. QQ would be worth much more points than JJ is due to QQ being the lowest possible nut hand. AKQ wrap is better, but less viable than JT9 wrap and so forth and add flush draw for more points...

So I completely understand the benefits long term of seeing how a specific hand or range pans out, however, I am interested specifically in the best possible scenario and how often, which hand, is best. A set is not often the nut hand because very few boards end without a str or flush possible, but man oh man are AA hard to fold and even harder when you make a set, however, if you knew that sets only nutted say 9% of the hands and str or flush combined for 72%, you would weigh QJT far better than KK in your PLO starting hand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file