Can I fold nut FD with 2 overs?

babalouisebabalouise Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
In a 1/2 live game, I picked up AdQd in Hijak. 3 limpers to me. I bet 17. Blinds folded, All 3 limpers called. Smallest stack size is $560.

Pot: 73

Flop: 9d 7c 4d

It is checked to me. I bet 55. One villain check-raised me to 190, the other 2 fold. He has about 360 behind and I have him covered.

Question #1: What action to take? I've been playing pretty snug, so the pre-flop callers may have a range of hands, including set mining hands. I have the nut FD, so that blocks that draw for him. He could still be on a straight draw. I can't imagine he would XR with something like A9 when there is a good chance I have an overpair (been playing snug).

I think fold is a real option because it looks like he has a set.

But I called.

Pot: 453

Turn: Js

Villain went all-in for his remaining 360.

Question #2: Call or fold?

I folded. One straight draw did get there, in addition to the sets and 97 2-pairs. I'm thinking all I have is a nut FD, and that the 2 overs are no good as outs.

Thoughts?

Comments

• CASEY MCASEY M Red Chipper Posts: 138 ✭✭
    When you call flop and no diamond comes, villain is shoving every time.
    I think if we’re going to continue when we get x/r a jam makes more sense.
    As played, folding the turn is the play. Look at your pot odds here.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    That what happens when you bet too big on a flop which doesn't belong to you.

Also I hate the turn fold. Js doesn't help V at all, so if you think it was good to call on the flop - V raising bluffs and draw enough of the time - , and you can expect a shove very often (on any turn?) considering the remaining stack to the pot (360 in 453), then you should buckle up and call.
    Or fold flop.
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    As played, yes you can find a fold on the flop. You bet large into 3 people and got raised. Think about these actions and what you are telling your opponents with your hand and what Villain is telling you about his.

In reality, this hand should be played different on the flop. Our betting range should be much tighter multiway and we really have no need to bet so large. I would prefer a check here with the hand we have, helping to protect other parts of our range that also don't want to bet this board multiway

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file