In a normal situation, is this a bad call?

AHallai_3AHallai_3 Sault Ste Marie, MIRed Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
Game is 5NL with 100bb effective stacks

Hero is UTG with :Ad :Kd

Hero makes a 3x raise and villain from the BU 3bets to 9bb.
Short sample size (So not going to lean on this too much) but villain is a 19/12 with a 4% 3bet frequency over 90 hands.
So, here I elected to just call OOP rather than 4bet and face a bloated pot OOP IF villain even calls instead of 5bet. (this is actually a spot I have some confusion, so if I should have 4bet please let me know)

So range I put villain on is depolarized and I widened it up a bit considering V is on the BU: AA-99,AKo-AJo,KQo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KJs,QJs (9%)

Flop (18bb)
:8c :Kh :6h

H checks and V cbets 7bb. Heres another spot where I'm not sure what I should have done. When is a check raise better in this situation? Perhaps to make draws like AhQh pay a premium? H just calls.

Turn (32bb)
:7c

Uneventful turn. Goes check/check. I assume AA, 99, AK would cbet this turn card so I eliminated those hands. So I'm leaning toward 10's-QQs or scared flush draws going into the river.

River (32bb)
:Kc

Interesting card that fills up the BD FD. I lead for 16bb's looking to get value from a worse K or perhaps 10's-QQ's that may think I've missed the flush. Then, V decides to ship it. So now the pot is 132bb's leaving me with 68bb's to make the call. Getting almost 2:1. Then I noticed that villain might be steaming. In those 90 hands V had lost 3 buy-ins. All things considered, I call and they show what proves they may have been a little steamy :As :Qs

My question is in the title, in a situation where I don't have that kind of information that villain is tilting off here, is this still a +EV call? And what other factors should I look at making my decision here?
Tagged:

Comments

• AHallai_3AHallai_3 Sault Ste Marie, MIRed Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Edit: V check-raised me on the river. I did not lead the river*
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    AHallai_3 wrote: »

How can V check-raise when he is on BU???
  • AHallai_3AHallai_3 Sault Ste Marie, MIRed Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    AHallai_3 wrote: »

How can V check-raise when he is on BU???

hahahaha i mixed up two hands there
  • obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 70 ✭✭
    I like the way you played the flop..V should have few FD's or really draws or others. I'd plan on a Turn x/r but alas no cbet. You say V has lost 3 buys in 90 hands. Did you remember how? Coolers, spew? That could be good info. I'm not the guru here by any means but seems like a clear call. 90 hands is low but still viable info. Cya soon on ACR :-) .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file