Ever fold here?

LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 88 ✭✭
edited May 11 in Live Poker Hands
2/5 450$stack. Hero is UTG +2 with AsKh

Player notes
(UTG has been raising to 15$ every other hand)
(UTG+3 just lost 500$ 2 hands ago and just rebought for 1000$ Somewhat steamed)

UTG makes it 15$

we raise to 45$ (UTG+2)AsKh (should we make it more?)

Utg+3 calls, button calls, utg calls.

Flop Kd 6s 4s
Utg checks
We bet 100$
Utg+3 makes it 500$
Button folds, utg+1 folds, what do?

Comments

• osirus0830osirus0830 Red Chipper Posts: 62 ✭✭
    I would fold. His bet is super polarizing. You holding the ace of spades is bad because he isn't doing this with the nut draw. Even if he's doing this with a combo draw, it's not a terrible fold. I would call with AK no spade but fold all combos with the As.
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 88 ✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. Having the A of spades is bad for calling. As it leaves out possibly jamming with AQ of spades and all other Ax of spades hands.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think you're taking the blockers too seriously there. What real hand is incentivized to take this line?
  • MichaelBMichaelB Red Chipper Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    call call call
  • AnthonyBaum____AnthonyBaum____ Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I call, I would not take this line with KK, 66 or 44 from UTG+3... if you fold here, what do you call with?
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    yes, I would make it bigger preflop to decrease likelihood of call fest behind

As played, with SPR 1.25: the threat of nuclear winter does not get me off this hand. Definitely going to lose this at some frequency but over time I'll be OK. I need to call every time so I don't have to pretend I'm a mind reader by trying to divine the fold spots

As played, with SPR of 1.25 and chance worse hands will call I probably would have jammed myself. I also would do this with spade draw at similar SPR on chance I get better hands to fold

• nickhegsnickhegs Red Chipper Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Gotta call this, I doubt he'd do this with any value hands b/c he wouldn't want to blow you off of something like AK. The fact that he's steamed supports this decision.
  • MichaelBMichaelB Red Chipper Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is K two spades, or something like 78s almost always, but I've called here in the past and seen hands as weak as KJ here or even something like A6s.
  • LoveFishLoveFish IllinoisRed Chipper Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Yes I called. Couldn’t really put him on anything super strong. To my surprise the donkey had 6 4 for bottom 2.... wish I was good enough to cold call a 3 bet with 6 4 utg+3. Just making sure I made the right call long term. So it looks like my assumptions were correct. Call, long term we are ahead.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file