Private, integral poker club

persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
To address a few intersecting needs, I have decided to open a poker club on one of the apps.

Players want to be able to play deep and practice for bigger games, so the games at Out of Position are 500 bb buy in cap, 200 bb min.

We're starting small, NL20, and will add games/stakes with demand.

For now, they will be scheduled games, as the pool is small.

The other issue is trust and security. So I'm only letting in people I know and can identify. This way, resting on both my reputation and this security policy, we won't run into the issues that face a number of the the app club games.

Contact me directly for more information and to be approved, etc.

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    For now, they will be scheduled games, as the pool is small.

Since there are here people from West coast, East coast and Europe - rather different time zones -, can you just give a hint on expected schedule?
    Thanks
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we'll start with Sunday and Wednesday evenings around 6 pm PST, with the long term vision of having more constant games.
    We've had a beta game, and are ready to add more interested players.
    club 505400, "Out of Position" on pppoker.

I'm extending this offer here first, at RCP, because this is my poker home in many ways, and we all know each other to some degree.

Again, clearly say who you are, don't choose some new handle, don't hide behind a random number, and contact me through various channels for more info, depositing, etc.

Next game is Sunday at 6 pm PST. We'll play NL20 500 bb deep, 200 bb min buy.
    This has worked out well so far with lots of hands provoking study. Tonight's game is on at 6 pm PST. Contact me and find the club with details above to get in the action.
  • eugeniusjreugeniusjr Red Chipper Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    It was cool. I got to play HU for pennies with two different pros throughout the evening.
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    (never mind...)
  • porterporter Red Chipper Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    JoeOffsuit wrote: »
    Are you guys playing tonight?
    I am struggling trying to figure out how to deposit to this site. Am I missing something obvious?

I just sent you a message Joe. Let me know if you still have questions.
    As a follow up, this has been running smoothly and the game is popular with the players. Contact Porter to get involved, we'll be able to expand the games beyond two days a week soon. Thanks and GL.
  • The MuleThe Mule Red Chipper Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I was fortunate enough to be able to play in this game last week and would strongly recommend it. It was both a fun game (with the atmosphere of a home game) and a great learning experience - as Eugene said, you can play against very strong players for pennies. I got the experience of moving up stakes while actually playing at lower stakes !

Again, I would strongly encourage the RCP community to take advantage of this opportunity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file